Yes 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I would but I don't live there/near there 86%  86%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: NYE MSG Wilco + Flaming Lips + Sleater-Kinney
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:36 am 
The Great American Songbook

Who's going?

I will definitely be there...can't pass up a chance to be at a huge party on NYE with two of my favorite bands.

Juicy...

But life was like a dream.
A series of meaningless movement.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:40 am 
Go Platinum

i am not definite on this, but i am certainly considering it now. i think i need to talk to a few friends about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:48 am 
"Weddings, Parties, Anything…"

Sleater-Kinney fawking rules. Someday I'll make Carrie mine. It must happen! It must!

I did meet her once and I totally fanboy-ed out on her. Everyone hates that shit and no one wants to be that guy/gal, but I couldn't help myself.

Can someone please explain why we turn these normal, most often unextraordinary, people into icons and heroes? She plays a fucking guitar and yells into a mic and I think she's a demi-god? WTF? Crying at the Beatles? Seriously. OK!! Now I think about it and I think about all the fucking degenerates that we venerate and it makes me sick. Art Alexakis and Anthony Kiedis are heroes cause they did retarded amounts of coke and wrote some shitty songs. All these dickheads are abyssmal role-models and we set them up there as titans. It's bullshit. And then there're the asshole, idiot, juicing sports dicks. OK I'm done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:39 am 
Winona Ryder wears my t-shirt on TV

Estimates on the price? I might go. I'm not too keen on going to an MSG concert, though. How do shows like this go down?

Yes, I'm an ignorant fool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:31 am 
The Great American Songbook

g Wrote:
Estimates on the price? I might go. I'm not too keen on going to an MSG concert, though. How do shows like this go down?

Yes, I'm an ignorant fool.

This is how I think it'll go.

This is based on detailed knowledge of NYE shows that occurred at MSG in 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, and 1998. These (of course) involve the band Phish. I will also integrate my knowledge of indie-rock festival type events.

This is how it will go down.

First of all, MSG. Expect a large crowd. I think a lot of people will find this veyr attractive and it may sell out. They may or may not sell seats behind the stage. I think they would be foolish not to. Or perhaps not offer them at first but as demand grows.

I would expect that it start around 7:00

Sleater-Kinney comes on around 7:45, plays for about an hour +, gets off at 9:10. Long setbreak for the Lips elaborate machinery to come out. It will be awesome to have setbreaks at an indie rock show. I am getting a camera into this one. Be an awesome time to be feeling certain ways.

What those of you who come from an indie show background will get to experience what jamband lovers know and love. Set break. An ~45 minute break between sets that allows you to converse, go to the bathroom, start chants, do the wave, whatever you want.

then the next band comes on and here we go. The Lips don't come on until about 10:00. They play for an hour and a half.

11:30 Wilco comes on. Wilco perhaps plays with the Flaming Lips until midnight when both bands play Auld Lang Syne together. Highlight of the night, if it goes down like this.

Then it becomes a full on Wilco show for nearly 2 hours of bombardment.

If anything, start Sleater-Kinney a little earlier and give them a little less time to ensure that Wilco starts before midnight and gets to include Auld Lang Syne in their set.

I will be having the time of my life.

But life was like a dream.
A series of meaningless movement.

Profile WWW 

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop