Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Post subject: Holy F@#!, i just got an e-mail about my HS Reunion.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:58 pm 
frostingspoon

I'm so not going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:01 pm 
Go Platinum

those terrify me. I'm not going to go to mine either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:03 pm 
frostingspoon

Crap. I just looked at the photos of the class of 94 reunion, and i don't recognize ANYONE, and I knew more than a fair share of people. They all look REALLY F-ING OLD. Which means, I too probably look just as bad if not worse.

Plus the rest of my life is pretty laughable too. This is to be avoided at all costs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:04 pm 
The Listerine Queen

My school doesn't have them and if they did I imagine it would be a gathering of at least five classes, with maybe twenty people total showing up. I needn't worry about this.

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:15 pm 
Go Platinum

me too. i was like "nope". then i saw it was 75 bucks per couple and i was like "NOPE". also included in the invitation was a list of people that are currently "lost". i went through the list to see if i knew any of them and i was like

nope
nope
nope
did he even graduate?
nope
nope
etc.

bort

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:45 pm 
Post-Breakup Solo Project

My 20 year reunion was this summer...I had no interest in going, but in the process of people contacting me about it I ended up getting back in touch with 3-4 people I hadn't talked to in years. That was cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:46 pm 
Bedroom Demos

I plan on hitting mine. Just to prove that I ended up better looking and dressed than I was in HS.

Cuz for serious I was a wreck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:56 pm 
Go Platinum

I only go to other people's reunions. That way, I can be as blunt and rude as I like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:59 pm 
A True Aristocrat of Freedom

I'm still good friends with a lot of people from my hs, and am failry curious as to what happened to some folks (mostly girls) but I will treat this like most other things: an excuse to get drunk and schmooze with people.

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:
LooGAR (the straw that stirs the drink)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:08 pm 
frostingspoon

I wasn't invited to my ten year reunion, nor was I on the 'lost' list either...In fact, I knew some of the people who put it together....

Wouldn't have went either way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:32 pm 
Go Platinum

Went to my 10 year... it was lame. All the folks I really wanted to see/had lost touch with were cool and didn't go. Most people hadn't changed much, i.e. the same stupid cliques are still in place. A few people swelled up and lost hair, but no one was astonishingly transformed or anything. I'm still friends with a fair amount of people from hs, but keep in touch with them on my own time.

It was nice to count myself as one of a select few who actually LEFT Georgia to pursue a life though-- I'd wager 75% of the folks in attendance still lived within a 40 mile radius of the highschool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:37 pm 

dnorwood Wrote:
Went to my 10 year... it was lame. All the folks I really wanted to see/had lost touch with were cool and didn't go. Most people hadn't changed much, i.e. the same stupid cliques are still in place. A few people swelled up and lost hair, but no one was astonishingly transformed or anything. I'm still friends with a fair amount of people from hs, but keep in touch with them on my own time.

It was nice to count myself as one of a select few who actually LEFT Georgia to pursue a life though-- I'd wager 75% of the folks in attendance still lived within a 40 mile radius of the highschool.

Dana, I guess I have the same thing to look forward to :wink:

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:42 pm 
Go Platinum

Who knows, Dave... maybe your class is cooler than mine! All I know is that it was held at a hotel near Lenox Square (can't remember the name now). Hopefully, your reunion organizers will be SMART and put people's senior pictures on their name tags with names. There were a couple of people who came up to me and were all like, "Dana!" and I'm wondering who the hell this person is because I don't recognize him/her. Although that could have had something to do with the alcohol too....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:01 pm 

I don't know how cool we were/are, but I think it'll be interesting to see which of us dilletants went straight, and which of the kids in my physics class turned into burnouts in college. I have a mental checklist, kind of, and want to confirm or deny my suspicions.
I'll tell you what I bet if you polled my class, I'd be voted one of the least likely to be doing what I do. That's all about a half a year away I'd suspect.

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:29 pm 
Major Label Sell Out

dnorwood Wrote:

substitute Oklahoma for Georgia, and this could have been my post....I don't see myself making the 20 year reunion

Profile YIM 

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop