Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Post subject: Recent NHL fight leading to some fines, etc...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:13 pm 
Go Platinum

This fight is ridiculous. It's not like some of those brawls where the whole team hops off the bench, but this is a pretty recent shitstorm of violence. haha

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 1482137634

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:40 pm 
Major Label Sell Out

Kiev Wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen Donald Brashear lose a fight - he has to be one of the best hockey brawlers ever.

I'd look like a solid heavyweight vs Vitaly Vishnevski. He's a Euro with 5 career fighting majors, maybe none of which he's won or picked.

Brashear is a great fighter but he's also a classless piece of shit with 2 off ice assault arrests

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:09 pm 
Major Label Sell Out

Kiev Wrote:

An African American athlete in trouble with the law?

That's what you're saying because actually in the NHL getting arrested is an abnormality. Beyond Joe Thornton, Heatly & Brasher I can't think of any current players with arrests. And of the recently retired- only Roy, Kevin Stevens & Palffy come to mind. If I dig deeper there's Kordic & Probert. Mind you this is off the top of my head.

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:12 pm 
Go Platinum

Didn't he sort of lose that fight when he got attacked by McSorley?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:29 pm 
"Weddings, Parties, Anything…"

i need to see some more hockey, it's been too long

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:34 pm 
Go Platinum

Mr. Mister Wrote:
i need to see some more hockey, it's been too long

I have been enjoying the hell out of my season tickets to the Norfolk Admirals (AHL affiliate of Chicago Blackhawks). 4 of our player got called up last week to Chicago and between the 4 of them they had scored 72% of the Admiral's goals. Right now we're tied for second, but I fear a losing streak is at hand.

Got a game at 7:15 tonight. I am excited. It is such a great sport. It rivals football for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:10 pm 
Major Label Sell Out

Kiev Wrote:
Damen Wrote:
Kiev Wrote:

An African American athlete in trouble with the law?

That's what you're saying because actually in the NHL getting arrested is an abnormality. Beyond Joe Thornton, Heatly & Brasher I can't think of any current players with arrests. And of the recently retired- only Roy, Kevin Stevens & Palffy come to mind. If I dig deeper there's Kordic & Probert. Mind you this is off the top of my head.

Actually, its not at all what I'm saying. While I don't know the arrest records of the current players to state NHL Player arrests are an abnormality is bullshit. Just off the top of my head - let's see... Mike Danton, Eddie Belfour... I suspect we don't hear of many of the arrests, in the US, because of the lack of popularity of the sport here. An NBA player gets arrested at a strip club it's headline news - In the NHL it barely gets noticed.

Ahhh yesss how did I forget about 1 Billion Dollars Befour? And McTavish the original Dany Heatly. And Al Iafrate with maybe the weirdest arrest ever for a pro athlete- breaking into a store to steal motocycle boots.

We don't hear about it here? I'm on CBC, Hockeybuzz & TSN weekly if not daily not to mention multiple hockey boards. Not to mention all the Hockey News I read prior to the internet. Just cause something doesn't make it to PTI or Rome is Burning doesn't mean the entire sports world is oblivous to it. If something like an arrest happens in the NHL the NHL fans know.

Back on subject, we've thought of 12 arrests in the NHL dating back to the 80's. (I know there's more but not a huge amount) So call bullshit all you want the numbers are on my side. So if Brashers peers are NHLers, he's an abnormality. Not taking anything away from his on ice effectiveness. Shit, I say 2 assault cases against you is an abnormality in any sport or any profession for that matter (except recurring character on "Cops", mafia hitman, street pimp, Raider fan, Liza Minnelli)

Profile YIM 

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop