Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Go Falcons!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:28 pm 
Whiskey Tango

I'm just sayin'.

My friend Rory from Philly called me this morning; they are scared up there. I would feel sorry for the fans in that town if they weren't so fucking smug.

Go Falcs. Mike Jones

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:31 pm 
Worldwide Phenomenon

Screw that - go Patriots!

But I'm pissed, 'cause all that I have available to me here in Austin is the bird vs. bird game. I wish that I was in New England, sitting in a large snowdrift, preparing to watch the mayhem that will go down today in Pittsburgh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:36 pm 
frostingspoon

How about digging my truck out of a snowdrift, and then watching it on my tube?

<-- off to dig truck out of huge ass snowdrift...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:41 pm 
Whiskey Tango

Chuck D Wrote:
Screw that - go Patriots!

But I'm pissed, 'cause all that I have available to me here in Austin is the bird vs. bird game. I wish that I was in New England, sitting in a large snowdrift, preparing to watch the mayhem that will go down today in Pittsburgh.

What up Chuck, you don't have CBS???? Pats/Steelers is a nationally televised game; It just doesn't start until 6:30 pm est.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:41 pm 
Worldwide Phenomenon

okay, so the digging thing can get old . . . but I really do miss real winter weather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:48 pm 
frostingspoon

Go Falcons. I hate the gotdamn eagles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:02 pm 
Death

I'm rootin' for the Falcons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:03 pm 
Worldwide Phenomenon

Mike Vick Jones Wrote:
What up Chuck, you don't have CBS???? Pats/Steelers is a nationally televised game; It just doesn't start until 6:30 pm est.

heh. i can't read the tv guide correctly, i guess. i'm still a bit mongerous this morning after last night's home brew samplings.

i still think that the experience of watching this game would be enhanced by winterish weather . . . maybe i'll crank the air conditioning, so i can sit in front of the tube with a sweater & scarf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:05 pm 
frostingspoon

thisotherkingdom Wrote:
I'm rootin' for the Falcons.

Profile WWWYIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:08 pm 
British Press Hype

Not sure who your boy Rory may have been talkin to, but I don't know about how "scared" heads are up here....We are confident...Should be a tough game, both squads are the 2 best in the NFC...But I gotta go with my Eagles....I don't think Little Jimmy Mora Jr. has what it takes to out coach Capt. Kangaroo (Andy Reid)....We'll see...It's cold as balls up here and the wind is making it hard as hell to even walk around...Can't imagine what it would be like to throw a football..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:15 pm 
Whiskey Tango

The Obgoblin Wrote:
Not sure who your boy Rory may have been talkin to, but I don't know about how "scared" heads are up here....We are confident...Should be a tough game, both squads are the 2 best in the NFC...But I gotta go with my Eagles....I don't think Little Jimmy Mora Jr. has what it takes to out coach Capt. Kangaroo (Andy Reid)....We'll see...It's cold as balls up here and the wind is making it hard as hell to even walk around...Can't imagine what it would be like to throw a football..

I think he was mainly speaking of himself and I probably substituted "scared" for "nervous"; plus ESPN's Outside The Lines this morning focused on Philly, their fans, and the city's team's ability to snatch defeat from the hands of victory (i'm a Braves fan; I know the feeling); They were even referencing the fact that Smarty Jones couldn't pull off theTriple Crown. And, man there were some sad characters: I actually turned off my TV when they showed footage of some kid (like 22 or 23) screaming (with tears in his eyes) "WHY DO YOU ALWAYS LET ME DOWN!!! I HATE YOU!!!!!" after last years game. Sad.

That being said Obgoblin, here's to a good game; I'm going out to a little gathering, the gf is giving me the day--this is always my favorite day of Football, and it makes it better that the Falcs are in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:25 pm 
British Press Hype

No doubt...If the Eagles to lose today....This town will be in a funk for a long time.....We have the tendency in this town to count our chickens before they are hatched....And yes we have "folded" at the end of so many big time games....It hurts..But here is to a good game...It's all in fun...We are not out there playing...We can only watch and hope, and pray...etc..I'm not trying to have this team be the Bills of the NFC....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:45 pm 
Rape Gaze

the eagles are the new buffalo bills, except they can't even get out of the playoffs.

go falcons.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:57 pm 
Alcoholic National Treasure

eagles and steelers are all i've got left to do today, and i'm cookin' up some of my dangerous shamen chili for the games....you all are so screwed.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Go Falcons!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:24 pm 

Mike Vick Jones Wrote:
if they weren't so fucking smug.

really? i'm not even much of a football fan but I can tell you I have yet to come across smug eagles fans. At least not the ones that live here. Mostly, they're angry, desperate, petty and overzealous. But smug? Every fan I know is all too aware of the past 3 year to be smug about a thing.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:31 pm 
Go Platinum

while i'm not all that into football, as a sports fan in general, i usually watch the playoffs and the superbowl. i'm all for philadelphia beating the falcons based completely on my hatred for the atlanta braves.

i know. it makes no sense.
i'm a mess at the track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:40 pm 
Go Platinum

i pretty much don't like the NFL.

Go Eagles/Steelers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:19 pm 

okay it was a well-played game. but now you have to root for the eagles because nobody likes the pats. unless the steelers win then i'm in trouble either way.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:38 pm 
frostingspoon

Cotton Wrote:
now you have to root for the eagles because nobody likes the pats

Cotton, Cotton, Cotton... :shakes head:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:56 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

Well, it looks like an all PA Super Bowl will have to wait. Bad news for the Eagles. New England will defeat Philadelphia by AT LEAST 17, likely more. The Eagles are very good, no doubt...but let's face it, the Patriots are a dynasty. Pure and simple. I'm certainly no Belichick fan, but to deny their unstoppability would be foolhardy. PIT-PHI would have been a solid matchup, unlike the brutalization set to take place on 2/6. No Viniatieri heroics will be required. Blowout city, baby.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:49 pm 
frostingspoon

WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO coming back for the super bowl.
look out.

feeling good. an unusual feeling this time of year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:09 pm 
Whiskey Tango

ACT OF CONTRITION: we got beat today by the better team, but I'm stoked that I KNOW that we will be back; Mike Jones.

If the Pats hang on here I open the line at Patriots -7.5 (O.U. 44)

better luck for the boys fr0om the south next year

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:11 pm 

you know they kept saying that on TV...the pats are dynasty. I call bullshit on that. Two titles in three years is hardly a dynasty. Not yet, anyway.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:39 am 
"Weddings, Parties, Anything…"

I think it's a little early to say that the Pats will blow out the Eagles. I think the Eagles can win. It will take a mistake-free game from McNabb as the Pats D tends to capitalize on any errant passes. But Philly's D can contain Brady and Dillon. And if TO plays, anything can happen.

Anyway, no matter what the result, I will look forward to Kearse or Trotter knocking a few of Tom Brady's annoying white teeth out. I hate Tom Brady so much. I think it's that dorky 1980's style helmet he wears with the high-cut back of the neck. Plus, he played for Michigan. Fuck him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:04 am 
frostingspoon

el_scorcho Wrote:
I think it's a little early to say that the Pats will blow out the Eagles. I think the Eagles can win. It will take a mistake-free game from McNabb as the Pats D tends to capitalize on any errant passes. But Philly's D can contain Brady and Dillon. And if TO plays, anything can happen.

Anyway, no matter what the result, I will look forward to Kearse or Trotter knocking a few of Tom Brady's annoying white teeth out. I hate Tom Brady so much. I think it's that dorky 1980's style helmet he wears with the high-cut back of the neck. Plus, he played for Michigan. Fuck him.

if more texans thought like you, i might warm up to the place.
Eagles D looked amazing today. cot damn i'm happy!

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next