Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:37 am 
frostingspoon

Initial guesses on T.O. are doubtful. Unless the Pats lay an egg offensively, Owens is the Iggles' only hope.

If New England isn't already a dynasty, they will be after winning this Super Bowl. Even if they don't, they're front-runner for team of the decade.

Profile WWWYIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:38 am 
Go Platinum

Well, let's just say I'm ecstatic. I cried like a bitch at the end of the game but I'm proud of every tear. :D I'm praying for a good game against the Pats. I know the Pats seem the better team but you never know, anything could happen in one game. We'll see.

As far as the Falcons, I must say Jim Mora is the biggest sore loser and cry baby ever. His tantrum the end of the game was so bad and showed how immature he and his team are. And then at his post game conference, to even say that "he hopes his team doesn't take 4 years to make it to the Super Bowl..." was a little uncalled for. Shows how classy he is. Andy Reid would have never said anything like that. Anyway, the team always seem to take on the characteristics of their coach, and the Falcons look like they have big cry baby on their hands.

Last edited by OPA! on Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:38 am 
frostingspoon

he'll play.

and don't doubt the ealges defense, which has is playing better than i've ever seen them play (well, at least the best since reggie white and clyde simmons) And in the last four playoff games they haven't given up more than 14 points. and in the last six playoff games they've given up less than a TD a game. Hi, i'm stat happy this morning.

when they've lost in the past it's been the offense that failed them. So if something is going to get them it's the pats amazing D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:41 am 
Go Platinum

T.O. will play in the Super Bowl. When Andy Reid says, "I have a feeling he'll play." it means he's playing. If you know Andy, he never comes out and says shit like that if it isn't true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:11 pm 
Smoke

Well, we shit the bed. I'm not even that upset about. I think a lot of Falcons fans have felt like we've been playing with house money the entire playoffs. I think we're still a few important pieces away from a championship, namely some bigger O-linemen and a big play reciever.

As for Mora, I'll take him any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I think that he just has his team's back and they'll run through brick walls for him. Remember that this was his FIRST season as a head coach. Besides after he made that comment he also said that the Eagles were the better team and he would take nothing away from them. He's just a fiery guy who wants to win badly. I liked the fact that his comments were all about not being satisfied.

Congrats on the victory though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:26 pm 
KILLFILED

OPA! Wrote:
As far as the Falcons, I must say Jim Mora is the biggest sore loser and cry baby ever. His tantrum the end of the game was so bad and showed how immature he and his team are. And then at his post game conference, to even say that "he hopes his team doesn't take 4 years to make it to the Super Bowl..." was a little uncalled for. Shows how classy he is.

He just learned at the foot of the post-game conference master, and Mora, Jr., calls that man Dad.

As it is, of course, the elder Jim Mora was a bit less brash and considerably more self-deprecating, thus endearing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:56 pm 
frostingspoon

i don't think "wear it on their sleaves" coaches win that often.

cowher is a good example.
chcuky is a bad example.

feel free to prove or disprove this theory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:51 pm 
Alcoholic National Treasure

jewels santana Wrote:
reggie white and clyde simmons

sigh.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:53 pm 
A True Aristocrat of Freedom

Cotton Wrote:
jewels santana Wrote:
Jerome Brown

sigh.

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:
LooGAR (the straw that stirs the drink)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:02 pm 
Whiskey Tango

OPA! Wrote:
As far as the Falcons, I must say Jim Mora is the biggest sore loser and cry baby ever. His tantrum the end of the game was so bad and showed how immature he and his team are. And then at his post game conference, to even say that "he hopes his team doesn't take 4 years to make it to the Super Bowl..." was a little uncalled for. Shows how classy he is. Andy Reid would have never said anything like that. Anyway, the team always seem to take on the characteristics of their coach, and the Falcons look like they have big cry baby on their hands.

I think you should check yourself here chris; I love when people who don't live in a given city judge players and coaches that they don't know fucking dick about. Jim Mora is an intense guy. He takes chances. I think Andy Reid is a great coach, but what the fuck has he proven? That he can tighten up in important games? That he can let his players (T.O. and even Donovan) run wild? No, sir, you are wrong as all get out about Jim Mora----Mr. Blank and Rich McKay ain't hiring no busters---that's why neither Dennis Green, Joe Gibbs, nor Nick Saban are coaching this team.

BTW, I heard coach Mora say today that the headset he stomped had "Philladelphia Eagles" printed on it. He said they can send him a bill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:05 pm 
frostingspoon

Senator Crunk LooGAR Wrote:
Cotton Wrote:
jewels santana Wrote:
Jerome Brown

sigh.

i actually meant to write reggie and jerome, sorry jerome.
RIP both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:20 pm 
frostingspoon

Yail Bloor Wrote:
I think Andy Reid is a great coach, but what the fuck has he proven? That he can tighten up in important games?

| 1999 phi | 5 11 0 | 0 0 |
| 2000 phi | 11 5 0 | 1 1 |
| 2001 phi | 11 5 0 | 2 1 |
| 2002 phi | 12 4 0 | 1 1 |
| 2003 phi | 12 4 0 | 1 1 |
| 2004 phi | 13 3 0 | 2 0 |

i realize he hasnt' won the big one yet, but now he has gotten to the Super Bowl. The record looks pretty damn impressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:21 pm 

bring it home for jerome. bring it home, fellas.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:22 pm 

jewels santana Wrote:
Yail Bloor Wrote:
I think Andy Reid is a great coach, but what the fuck has he proven? That he can win a hamburger eating contest?

i realize he hasnt' won the big one yet, but now he has gotten to the Super Bowl. The record looks pretty damn impressive.

I think Mora's record of 11-5 in his first year speaks for itself, Jewelz

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:26 pm 
Whiskey Tango

jewels santana Wrote:
Yail Bloor Wrote:
I think Andy Reid is a great coach, but what the fuck has he proven? That he can tighten up in important games?

Read the first sentence Jewelsey; I give the guy props but even you have to have to admit that before yesterday guy had a tendacy to pull a B. Cowher and go WAY TOO conservative in Big games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:37 pm 
Still Big in Japan

When they don't make the playoffs next year we'll see what you say.

"Accrington Stanley? Who are they?"

"Exactly"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:40 pm 

DHRjericho Wrote:

Oh, look at Hatatronics over here, still pissed about that New Year's day lambasting the Budgers took.

If they draft/sign a real #1 reciver, the Falcs'll take it all the way to Detroit Rock City. MIKE JONES!!

Bloor has it on good authority that they hired Mike Jones as a "special assitant" to the coaching staff

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:47 pm 
frostingspoon

Yail Bloor Wrote:
Read the first sentence Jewelsey; I give the guy props but even you have to have to admit that before yesterday guy had a tendacy to pull a B. Cowher and go WAY TOO conservative in Big games.

i think he was out coached and blew it in one game.
the rams game they were underdogs on the road.
he was out coached against tampa bay
and his team didnt' exist agains the panthers. it was a miracle they were even there. they were playing without their defensive and offensive MVP's, were missing 6 or 7 defensive line men, both their CB's were old and playinghurt (and you will notice neither pro bowlers were starters this year) and McNabb only played half the game because he got hurt in the first Quarter.

so yes, he blew it one game. but i dont' think of him or McNabb as a choke artist.
he is stubron though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:50 pm 
Still Big in Japan

DHRjericho Wrote:

Oh, look at Hatatronics over here, still pissed about that New Year's day lambasting the Budgers took.

If they draft/sign a real #1 reciver, the Falcs'll take it all the way to Detroit Rock City. MIKE JONES!!

Bloor has it on good authority that they hired Mike Jones as a "special assitant" to the coaching staff

I don't think they'll find one in the draft assuming they aren't owed a draft pick higher than the 27 (guess) they'll have. I'm not sure there are any true #1 available via free agency (further research is required). I don't think Burress is a legit #1.

As far as new years goes. I didn't even get to watch the game so it was too disheartening. It's always sad when you lose to a sorry southern school, but i guess you can't win them all.

"Exactly"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:53 pm 

DHRjericho Wrote:
DHRjericho Wrote:

I don't think they'll find one in the draft assuming they aren't owed a draft pick higher than the 27 (guess) they'll have. I'm not sure there are any true #1 available via free agency (further research is required). I don't think Burress is a legit #1.

As far as new years goes. I didn't even get to watch the game so it was too disheartening. It's always sad when you lose to a sorry southern school, but i guess you can't win them all.

They'll figger something out, Rich McKay ain't no schmuck, and fools wanna play with Mike (JONES) Vick.

As for sorry southern school, well, I'm a fan of aliteration, but seriously, check yo'self before you wreck yo'self homie. The Dawgs are good all time, and all the time the Dawgs are good, so if you don't know 'em, you better find 'em and show 'em some love, cuz that's all they showin you. Roo Roo!

Oh, and MIKE JONES!!

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:55 pm 
Still Big in Japan

Honestly, what has Georgia ever done? Won the Peach bowl a few times?

"Exactly"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:56 pm 

i can't tell you how much you've fucked me up with the mike jones thing. I finally just checked out the website and I love that it opens with him apologizing about why his album has taken a bit longer than OCTOBER to be released. mike jones indeed.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:58 pm 
Whiskey Tango

DHRjericho Wrote:
[
It's always sad when you lose to a sorry southern school, but i guess you can't win them all.

Motherfucker I hope you are joking around, you and your livin up there with a bunch uh Aryan Nation motherfuckers. Yo fuckin daddy wishes he went to a southen school you punk ass bitch.

Watch your mouth son.

oh and Rad's here is some shit for your cussing thread. You dumbass, 2 dollar coin having bitch motherfucker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:00 pm 
Whiskey Tango

DHRjericho Wrote:

We gots us a national title. I wish we had more brother but thats college ball. y'all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:01 pm 

DHRjericho Wrote:

1980 National Champions (Biggest in my lifetime)
2002 Sugar Bowl Champs (Tightest game I've been to)

Look at the two teams in the AFC Championship, The Steelers have three Bulldogs as integral parts of their team, and the Pats have two.

All the fucking Badgers have is a bunch of cheese.

Alsom we have a resident of Madison on this board who routinely punks y'all bustas out with Athens-style debauchery (Busty Rhodes represent) MIKE JONES!!

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next