Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Getting Less FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:07 am 
frostingspoon

I've actually somehow lost weight too. Since I started the short biking to work routine, I had to create another notch on my ten year old belt. I didn't need to lose weight, it's a little troubling. I bought ice cream.

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:17 am 
The Listerine Queen

i stand and walk all day, and i still can't have a "cheat" meal without seriously considering my other calorie intake for the day. i don't want to say i hate you, but... can i have some of your ice cream?

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:44 am 
frostingspoon

You totally can.

I was thinking about Vermont the other day, and I think it would be about 5 times harder to stay in shape there than it is here. Nothing is close enough to anything else really bike, and it's hilly as hell with no shoulders or bike lanes. if you don't car / motorcycle it, it doesn't get done. I am WAY too fucking lazy to like put any effort into staying in shape, so if I couldn't commute around on a bike I have no idea what I'd turn in- yes I do, I'd turn into my dad. Skinny legs, egg belly.

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:25 am 
KILLFILED

After the move to the Green Mountain State...

Family Squirg's third Christmas photoshoot, c. 2015. Pictured: Cap'n, Squirglette; photo credit: First Mate.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:10 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

Donovan Wrote:
Congrats. I applaud your willpower and hard work as I wolf down some lasagna.

Oh, how I miss lasagna. That and fried chicken are probably the two things I never eat anymore that I miss the most.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:29 am 
The Listerine Queen

Cap'n Squirrgle Wrote:
You totally can.

I was thinking about Vermont the other day, and I think it would be about 5 times harder to stay in shape there than it is here. Nothing is close enough to anything else really bike, and it's hilly as hell with no shoulders or bike lanes. if you don't car / motorcycle it, it doesn't get done. I am WAY too fucking lazy to like put any effort into staying in shape, so if I couldn't commute around on a bike I have no idea what I'd turn in- yes I do, I'd turn into my dad. Skinny legs, egg belly.

My family is having a BBQ in a week, so yesterday my mother and I decided to get the napkins, plates, et cetera. Going to our local grocery store is out, because it's too expensive, and it didin't have everything we needed anyway. We had to visit my brother at a job, drove the long way to Greenfield, MA, stopped for lunch, stopped at a farm stand, stopped for coffee... it took us 6 hours.

Then, after my coworker got out of work we went to the mall, had a quick dinner, and went to a movie. That was another 7 hours. It doesn't always take that long to do all of that, but it's a good example. Also, it *sucks* not having a car here.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:31 am 
frostingspoon

Everytime I come up to visit my friends who live on Killington I bring them a big bag of their favorite stuff from Trader Joe's for the same reason. I have it memorized - their cat Harper's favorite cat food, good coffee, freeze dried fruits, several deserty goodies, some other stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:43 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

Since this is nostalgia week here at Obner, thought I'd look back on my initial weight loss days and post an update. I've gradually - VERY VERY VERY gradually - put some of the weight back on over the past couple of years, but I'm still hovering around 270 or so. Granted, that's 20-30 pounds above where I was, and 40 pounds above what's ideal, but I try to stay focused on the fact that I have staved off reinstating the "morbidly" to "obese."

When I got down in the 240s, it became apparent that getting any lighter - or really even maintaining at that level - was going to require an ongoing regimen that is beyond what suits my quality of life. I'd rather be 20-30 pounds overweight and (more or less) eat what I want (within relative reason), than perpetually calorie count just to stay near 240-45. It's not like the latter had me looking very Magic Mike-esque, anyway.

The important thing is I remain vigilant about never getting near or above 300 again. Managed to stay below 275 this entire time, so I think surpassing that threshold would be a step too far.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:56 pm 
frostingspoon

Sounds like you've found the level that diet alone will hold you at, and the rest would have to be the output of calories instead of the intake?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:56 pm 
The Listerine Queen

Good on you, Bob! It's extremely difficult to maintain what the medical field might call your "ideal" weight. I would have looked like I was dying if I had ever gotten down to mine (of course, I gained a bunch back, but that's neither here nor there right now).

Glad you got to a place you're happy with!

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:57 pm 
The Listerine Queen

When do you suppose two people posted something at the same exact time here, Kyle?

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:05 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

Cap'n Squirrgle Wrote:
Sounds like you've found the level that diet alone will hold you at, and the rest would have to be the output of calories instead of the intake?

Not exactly - I wouldn't really say I'm on a "diet" these days. I more or less eat what I want, and don't really have too many self-imposed restrictions (other than MOST OF THE TIME limiting my portion sizes/"seconds" consumption). If I went back to literally counting all calories I consume and limited myself to 1,500/day, I'd probably be able to drop 10-15 lbs. in a couple of weeks, if not sooner. I've just gotten super lax about self-discipline, other than not reverting to eating non-stop all the time like I did back in the old 300+ days.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:07 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

wenchlette Wrote:
When do you suppose two people posted something at the same exact time here, Kyle?

used to happen quite a bit back when we had folks posting continuously throughout the day, but this is probably the first such occurrence in at least 5 years or more, I would guess

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:12 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

wenchlette Wrote:
It's extremely difficult to maintain what the medical field might call your "ideal" weight. I would have looked like I was dying if I had ever gotten down to mine

yeah, I just looked it up and the "ideal" weight for a 6'5" male with a "large" frame is 229 - I would look like a skeleton at that weight. I think 235 would probably be the absolute lowest I could go, with 245-50 being a realistic target. I'm just over 270 right now, so I probably need to lose about 20-25 lbs.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:41 pm 
The Listerine Queen

FT Wrote:
wenchlette Wrote:

used to happen quite a bit back when we had folks posting continuously throughout the day, but this is probably the first such occurrence in at least 5 years or more, I would guess

*high five*

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:43 pm 
The Listerine Queen

FT Wrote:
wenchlette Wrote:
It's extremely difficult to maintain what the medical field might call your "ideal" weight. I would have looked like I was dying if I had ever gotten down to mine

yeah, I just looked it up and the "ideal" weight for a 6'5" male with a "large" frame is 229 - I would look like a skeleton at that weight. I think 235 would probably be the absolute lowest I could go, with 245-50 being a realistic target. I'm just over 270 right now, so I probably need to lose about 20-25 lbs.

GET ON THE FLOOR AND GIVE ME 50 PUSHUPS RIGHT NOW

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:53 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

wenchlette Wrote:
FT Wrote:
wenchlette Wrote:

not sure I could even do .5 of a pushup

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:52 pm 
frostingspoon

wenchlette Wrote:
FT Wrote:
wenchlette Wrote:

*high five*

dern right

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:58 pm 
The Listerine Queen

FT Wrote:
wenchlette Wrote:
FT Wrote:
wenchlette Wrote:

not sure I could even do .5 of a pushup

This is fair, we can start with two jumping jacks.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:59 pm 
The Listerine Queen

Cap'n Squirrgle Wrote:
wenchlette Wrote:
FT Wrote:
wenchlette Wrote:

*high five*

dern right

whoop. i meant when's the *last* time that happened, but yeah.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:58 am 
The Obner

stop being depressed and fat you old people, shit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:30 am 
Big in Australia

tehobner Wrote:

Look who's pushing 30, kiddo.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:04 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

tehobner Wrote:

:lol:

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:09 pm 
frostingspoon

He knew what he was getting into, joining a message board full of late-20-somethings.

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7