Hair Trigger of Doom

two guns holla Wrote:
Awesome news, congrats Bobbo.

much appreciated, tommy!

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Getting Less FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:12 pm 
The Listerine Queen

you should move to vermont so we can be walking buddies. it'd be like a terrible sitcom. keep up the good work.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:17 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

wenchlette Wrote:
you should move to vermont so we can be walking buddies. it'd be like a terrible sitcom. keep up the good work.

i'd watch that sitcom

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:11 pm 
KILLFILED

FT Wrote:
wenchlette Wrote:

i'd watch that sitcom

Yeah, but I don't know what would happen if you two ended up like Chandler & Monica.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:33 pm 
frostingspoon

Damn Bob. That's a seriously great thing you're doing for yourself. Big congrats, and I'm glad you didn't get discouraged by not losing anything one week.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:37 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

Tee Wrote:
FT Wrote:
wenchlette Wrote:

i'd watch that sitcom

Yeah, but I don't know what would happen if you two ended up like Chandler & Monica.

I always viewed myself as more of a Gunther.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:39 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

discostu Wrote:
Damn Bob. That's a seriously great thing you're doing for yourself. Big congrats, and I'm glad you didn't get discouraged by not losing anything one week.

Thanks, Stu!

It was discouraging, but I decided instead of pouting or throwing in the towel, I would intensify my efforts. So far, that seems to have worked.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:48 pm 
The Listerine Queen

FT Wrote:
Tee Wrote:
FT Wrote:
wenchlette Wrote:

i'd watch that sitcom

Quick! We need a theme song!

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:24 pm 
KILLFILED

wenchlette Wrote:
FT Wrote:
Tee Wrote:
FT Wrote:
wenchlette Wrote:

i'd watch that sitcom

Quick! We need a theme song!

May I recommend the Ding Dong Song?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:14 pm 
Hipster Backlash

Way to go Bob.

As you know, I lost a fairly significant amount of weight on Weight Watchers 4-5 years ago and have kept most of it off since. It's a long process but if you persevere you will succeed. Sounds like you're doing a great job so far.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:20 pm 
frostingspoon

I don't know how much i've lost, but a lot. Hospital food will do that to you. Although, now that i'm home, nothing really tastes right either.

I know i have some nerve damage on the left side of my face from the basal skull fracture, but wouldn't that be some shit if I stopped liking food permanently?

I mean, christ.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:58 pm 
Still Big in Japan

Prince - crazy - I hope everything rebounds appropriately.

Bob - keep up the good work.

"Accrington Stanley? Who are they?"

"Exactly"

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:18 pm 
A True Aristocrat of Freedom

Prince of Darkness Wrote:
I don't know how much i've lost, but a lot. Hospital food will do that to you. Although, now that i'm home, nothing really tastes right either.

I know i have some nerve damage on the left side of my face from the basal skull fracture, but wouldn't that be some shit if I stopped liking food permanently?

I mean, christ.

Dude, the fact that you're alive - and HOME - is so fucking amazing that I don't care if your sense of taste is muted forever.

One of the best parts of my entire year was walking into your hospital room and you saying: "Dave Mowery, as I live and breathe" followed by "Enough about me, how's The Snorg?" -- I knew you were doped up good, but also knew you were going to make it.

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:
LooGAR (the straw that stirs the drink)

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:20 am 
Hair Trigger of Doom

I mean, christ.

glad you are home and on the mend, phil!

my mom had a heart attack on easter, and ever since they did her angioplasty, she said nothing has tasted the same - hospitals be doing some insidious shizz...

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:37 pm 
frostingspoon

Senator LooGAR Wrote:

I mean, christ.

Dude, the fact that you're alive - and HOME - is so fucking amazing that I don't care if your sense of taste is muted forever.

One of the best parts of my entire year was walking into your hospital room and you saying: "Dave Mowery, as I live and breathe" followed by "Enough about me, how's The Snorg?" -- I knew you were doped up good, but also knew you were going to make it.

Yes, this is incredible.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:52 pm 
The Listerine Queen

discostu Wrote:
Senator LooGAR Wrote:

I mean, christ.

Yes, this is incredible.

Great post, Stylin' Dave.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:46 pm 
frostingspoon

Thanks Dave, just getting a little frustrated being at home alone unable to do so much. Like enjoy food. Thank god for NPR.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:48 pm 
KILLFILED

FT Wrote:

I mean, christ.

glad you are home and on the mend, phil!

my mom had a heart attack on easter, and ever since they did her angioplasty, she said nothing has tasted the same - hospitals be doing some insidious shizz...

It's called "Anaesthesia (I'm Only Sleeping)", but it's not Insidious -- it's Beatallica.

Taste buds should be operational shortly.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:41 am 
Hair Trigger of Doom

FT Wrote:
Progress had stalled mightily last week, as I went more than five days without losing any weight, but something apparently kicked in/re-triggered after that, because I dropped enough over the weekend that my grand total to date is now 40.2 pounds lost.

This new regimen of walking 2+ miles at 5:30 every weekday morning seems to be paying some early dividends.

45.4 lbs. total lost so far, as of this morning (yeah, it's definitely slowing, but still making incremental progress)

next milestones: 50 lbs. lost, then whenever i get below 300 lbs. (at 316.6 lbs. right now)

one thing that gives me some encouragement is that i've lost 27.8 lbs. since starting this thread

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:07 pm 
KILLFILED

FT Wrote:
FT Wrote:
Progress had stalled mightily last week, as I went more than five days without losing any weight, but something apparently kicked in/re-triggered after that, because I dropped enough over the weekend that my grand total to date is now 40.2 pounds lost.

This new regimen of walking 2+ miles at 5:30 every weekday morning seems to be paying some early dividends.

45.4 lbs. total lost so far, as of this morning (yeah, it's definitely slowing, but still making incremental progress)

next milestones: 50 lbs. lost, then whenever i get below 300 lbs. (at 316.6 lbs. right now)

one thing that gives me some encouragement is that i've lost 27.8 lbs. since starting this thread

We should call you "Irish" Bob Bland -- 'cause you're losing the Pound (Punt)!

/topical
//Eurozone'd

Here all week. Try the veal. Tip your waitress.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:55 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

Tee Wrote:
FT Wrote:
FT Wrote:

We should call you "Irish" Bob Bland -- 'cause you're losing the Pound (Punt)!

/topical
//Eurozone'd

Here all week. Try the veal. Tip your waitress.

oh, monty - you're such a global economic humorist!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:10 pm 
Troubador

Nice Bob. You are on a a good roll.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:58 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

As of this morning, I've officially lost 50 pounds. Here's what I posted about it on my blog...

http://bobhasablog.com/2012/06/04/the-big-5-0-lbs/

Quote:
The Big 5-0 (lbs.)

I felt it necessary to clarify the quantity I referenced in the title of this entry, simply because my age has advanced to the point where I’m close enough for people to actually think I’ve turned a half-century old. Well, my birthday’s still a few months away, and that particular milestone is still a few years away (though fewer than I’d like).

The 50 I’m happily commemorating today is the number of pounds I’ve lost since undertaking a change in eating and exercise habits on March 18. Whenever someone congratulates me, I’m quick to try and deflect any credit by pointing out that I had so much to lose in the first place. But, I do realize that no matter how big I was when this started (somewhere between chubby and needing a wrecking ball to take out a wall before leaving home), this is an accomplishment worth celebrating.

That won’t involve a celebratory smorgasbord, of course, but maybe I’ll add an extra drop or two of fat-free ranch to my salad at lunch today…

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:08 pm 
Big in Australia

:thumbsup:

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:09 pm 
frostingspoon

Bob, we need pics man. Come on.

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next