Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:19 am 
Offline
frostingspoon
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:59 pm
Posts: 24554
Location: On the gas and tappin' ass
That's cool but does he know Brown Eyed Girl and Chicken Dance?

_________________
[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:44 am 
Offline
frostingspoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:35 am
Posts: 14297
Location: cincy
[/hijack]

Are you regulated by the FDA?


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:43 pm 
Offline
frostingspoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:47 am
Posts: 13863
Location: parts unknown
timmyjoe42 wrote:
[/hijack]

Are you regulated by the FDA?


thank you TJ.... me and Tootsy worked it all out! :)
my 3rd Obner customer!! :cheers: :rawk:


yes, all the sauces are all sort of OK with the FDA , FBI, and the NWO...

_________________
http://www.geminicrow.com


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:54 pm 
Offline
Post-Breakup Solo Project
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:04 am
Posts: 3271
Location: Margaritaville
I'd probably buy it if the price were reasonable; but with shipping, that price point is way too high.
$18 for 10oz of sauce?
Maybe I'll put it on my $5 bag of organic farmer's market popcorn.
/feedback.


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:57 pm 
Offline
frostingspoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:47 am
Posts: 13863
Location: parts unknown
Jerkass wrote:
I'd probably buy it if the price were reasonable; but with shipping, that price point is way too high.
$18 for 10oz of sauce?
Maybe I'll put it on my $5 bag of organic farmer's market popcorn.


the recent USPS shipping costs have hampered many a mail order company in the last few months....Sucks....
not really any other options at the moment though.... :/

_________________
http://www.geminicrow.com


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:41 pm 
Offline
The Listerine Queen
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:22 pm
Posts: 12675
Location: vermont
Just doused some reheated homefries with the ketchup, and I gotta say, it was awesome. Nice heat (I'm no heat wuss, but I don't have a crazy high tolerance, either) but good flavor, too. I actually liked the spuds more than when I got them in the restaurant.

_________________
i haven't heard of that


Back to top
 Profile YIM 
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:22 pm 
Offline
Big in Australia
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:00 am
Posts: 19795
Location: Chicago-ish
Referred a friend of mine—a chef in Atl.—to your site. Hopefully he'll check it out.

_________________
Paul Caporino of M.O.T.O. wrote:
I've recently noticed that all the unfortunate events in the lives of blues singers all seem to rhyme... I think all these tragedies could be avoided with a good rhyming dictionary.


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:26 pm 
Offline
Go Platinum
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9020
In theory, I love hot sauce. In practice, I rarely use any anymore. As I've become a better cook over the last five years, I tend to just spice my dishes with the level of heat I want using peppers, herbs and spices and never feel the need to actually use any of the hot sauces I've accumulated over the years.


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:33 pm 
Offline
Hair Trigger of Doom

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:05 pm
Posts: 21244
Location: Subpoenaed in Texas
Dov, it just occurred to me that you are now LIT-rally the boss with the hot sauce.

_________________
bobhasablog.com


Back to top
 Profile WWWYIM 
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:48 pm 
Offline
The Listerine Queen
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:22 pm
Posts: 12675
Location: vermont
What's funny is, years ago, I met this bro in a bar, and he told me he owned his own record label and hot sauce company, and I was like, 'OK, dude, whatever'.

...he also asked me what 'genre' meant, so I think you've got the upper hand on him, Dov.

_________________
i haven't heard of that


Back to top
 Profile YIM 
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:43 pm 
Offline
frostingspoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:17 pm
Posts: 10822
Location: Nville
FT wrote:
PopTodd wrote:
FT wrote:
Twilightkid wrote:
I'm working on a sauce with Ari Lehman, who played the young 'Jason' from the first Friday the 13th.... slasher sauce :)


How about VoorHEAT?

"Won't (hockey) mask the flavors of your favorite foods."


Nice, Todd!

:cheers:


haha, holy shit you guys

:nono:


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:36 pm 
Offline
Post-Breakup Solo Project
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:04 am
Posts: 3271
Location: Margaritaville
I make it a point to use an item completely before I open a similar one to prevent clutter and waste.
I have about 2 weeks left in my current Tamazula hot sauce bottle...
A full report to follow.


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:53 pm 
Offline
frostingspoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:35 am
Posts: 14297
Location: cincy
Jerkass wrote:
I make it a point to use an item completely before I open a similar one to prevent clutter and waste.
I have about 2 weeks left in my current Tamazula hot sauce bottle...


I can't break the seal on a second package until the opened one is empty either. My wife on the other hand...

I'm currently using a bottle of Melinda's Naga Jolokia Hot Sauce as slow as I can. I think excessive usage can cause death.



Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:56 pm 
Offline
frostingspoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:47 am
Posts: 13863
Location: parts unknown
Image

Jason's Own / Slasher Sauce (w/ Ghost peppers)

Limited Quantities.
All labels will be autographed by Ari Lehman (the little boy Jason from the first Friday the 13th).
pre-orders shortly.

_________________
http://www.geminicrow.com


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:47 pm 
Offline
Go Platinum
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:40 pm
Posts: 5286
Location: Jacksonville, FL
timmyjoe42 wrote:
Jerkass wrote:
I make it a point to use an item completely before I open a similar one to prevent clutter and waste.
I have about 2 weeks left in my current Tamazula hot sauce bottle...


I can't break the seal on a second package until the opened one is empty either. My wife on the other hand...

I'm currently using a bottle of Melinda's Naga Jolokia Hot Sauce as slow as I can. I think excessive usage can cause death.



Dat Melinda's is GOOG. And a bit fucking nuclear.


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:24 pm 
Offline
Hair Trigger of Doom

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:05 pm
Posts: 21244
Location: Subpoenaed in Texas
Twilightkid wrote:
Image

Jason's Own / Slasher Sauce (w/ Ghost peppers)

Limited Quantities.
All labels will be autographed by Ari Lehman (the little boy Jason from the first Friday the 13th).
pre-orders shortly.


:rawk:

_________________
bobhasablog.com


Back to top
 Profile WWWYIM 
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:12 pm 
Offline
Post-Breakup Solo Project
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:04 am
Posts: 3271
Location: Margaritaville
Finally got around to trying the Burn hot sauce.
I have to say I was really impressed.
Nice good sharp vinegar bite and aroma with a flavorful deep heat.
I eat quite a bit of spicy food and for me its a great balance of flavor and burn.
Compared to how I usually douse foods in hot sauce, I used this more sparingly since it does pack quite a punch.
I think a plastic dripper insert would be helpful for application since pouring from the bottle is much less controlled.

I'm no hot sauce connoisseur, but I thought this stuff was great.


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:59 pm 
Offline
frostingspoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:47 am
Posts: 13863
Location: parts unknown
Thank you for the kind words.....In all honesty, that's the review I have been getting...I seemed to find a great balance between flavor and heat....

As for the dripper insert, I go back and forth, but was talked out of it for this sauce because of the seeds that show up in some batches....When I start doing some purely liquid based ones, I will probably add the dripper.

Been getting a tremendous amount of feedback so far, and I am really encouraged...trying to stay level headed and not go off the rails...

but being that I am in still in the early stages, I am in the process of re-branding the name......The HOT SAUCE Company was cute and kitche, but i think it will work against me in the long term......new logo and name to be announced in a few weeks, I'm hoping...

Along with a 3rd sauce, which is gonna knock your Aunt Connie's socks off.

_________________
http://www.geminicrow.com


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:23 am 
Offline
Whiskey Tango
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:08 pm
Posts: 21750
Location: REDLANDS
Jerkass wrote:
Finally got around to trying the Burn hot sauce.
I have to say I was really impressed.
Nice good sharp vinegar bite and aroma with a flavorful deep heat.
I eat quite a bit of spicy food and for me its a great balance of flavor and burn.
Compared to how I usually douse foods in hot sauce, I used this more sparingly since it does pack quite a punch.
I think a plastic dripper insert would be helpful for application since pouring from the bottle is much less controlled.

I'm no hot sauce connoisseur, but I thought this stuff was great.


This is awesome news for Dov, because (to your credit) you can be counted on for an unvarnished opinion. Kudos all around.

_________________
"To keep you is no benefit. To destroy you is no loss."


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:40 am 
Offline
frostingspoon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:54 pm
Posts: 10626
Location: Petroleum, IN
mrs toots really loves the stuff

i mean really loves it

_________________
www.youngtobacco.com


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The HOT SAUCE Company (yet another venture)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:06 pm 
Offline
frostingspoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:47 am
Posts: 13863
Location: parts unknown
Yail Bloor wrote:
Jerkass wrote:
Finally got around to trying the Burn hot sauce.
I have to say I was really impressed.
Nice good sharp vinegar bite and aroma with a flavorful deep heat.
I eat quite a bit of spicy food and for me its a great balance of flavor and burn.
Compared to how I usually douse foods in hot sauce, I used this more sparingly since it does pack quite a punch.
I think a plastic dripper insert would be helpful for application since pouring from the bottle is much less controlled.

I'm no hot sauce connoisseur, but I thought this stuff was great.


This is awesome news for Dov, because (to your credit) you can be counted on for an unvarnished opinion. Kudos all around.


:rawk:

_________________
http://www.geminicrow.com


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The GEMINI CROW Sauce Company (Now with a better name!)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:29 pm 
Offline
frostingspoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:47 am
Posts: 13863
Location: parts unknown
So, I partnered up with Ari Lehman, who played the little boy Jason Voorhees from the first Friday the 13th to come up with a hot sauce. Ghost pepper based. Pretty damn tasty. We hung at a Fantacon in Albany, NY this weekend and it went over gang busters!!

All bottles are autographed and 13% of all proceeds will be donated to SCARES THAT CARE (www.scaresthatcare.org)

We have two more sauces coming and we are partnering on a line of vegan and organicsalad dressings and dips (called, Demon Vegan) in the works to launch before the end of the year, and a t-shirt line as well....

called, Jason's Own Slasher Sauce....

www.thsco.com

Image

Image

Image

_________________
http://www.geminicrow.com


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The GEMINI CROW Sauce Company (Now with a better name!)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:40 pm 
Offline
Fluke Breakthrough Single
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:47 pm
Posts: 2469
Location: camberwell
i wonder if he still gets laid wooing the ladies with 'i was in friday the 13th for five seconds over 30 years ago'. when he's not wearing the studded bracelets, that is.


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The GEMINI CROW Sauce Company (Now with a better name!)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:03 am 
Offline
frostingspoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:47 am
Posts: 13863
Location: parts unknown
shaMoxie wrote:
i wonder if he still gets laid wooing the ladies with 'i was in friday the 13th for five seconds over 30 years ago'. when he's not wearing the studded bracelets, that is.


He's married.
And you'd be shocked in regards to the love he receives from people......
you are right in that he was in the flick for about 5 seconds, however, that image is one of the most iconic and popular monents in horror history!

guy is cashing in 3 decades later. god bless him!

Image

_________________
http://www.geminicrow.com


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The GEMINI CROW Sauce Company (Now with a better name!)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:49 am 
Offline
Fluke Breakthrough Single
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:47 pm
Posts: 2469
Location: camberwell
oh i'm just having fun. i've no doubt he's got a small cult following - there's no shortage of jock sniffing gore-heads from our generation. and if it translates to more sales for your sauces, i'm all for it. enjoy the ride!


Back to top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Style by Midnight Phoenix & N.Design Studio
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.