Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Recent Vinyl Finds
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:59 pm 
High School Poet

tramping across the fields ear-lie in the mornin' has turned up some odd things including these albums

A strange one this (I liked the cover) and a really pleasant listen mix of choir and string quintet.

This was in the same box, not had a chance to listen to it yet but it had me by the warning on the front.

This nice pair of BBC albums I didn't already have were cheap in a charity shop

I wasn't aware that there was a TV show called The Comet Is Coming I had assumed the new band of the same name had come up with it.

A tatty sleeve but the record was fine and a great selection of themes including Record Breakers!

Now I know where Pink Floyd got their inspiration for the heartbeats at the start of Dark Side Of The Moon (probably)

some curious singles

The first two releases on the Reflection imprint

Two signed sevens

Three releases by 70's 'comedy' legends

I've three inch 7"s, square 7"s and all manner of picture disc 7"s but now I have the worlds first holographic 7" - and it was bloody difficult to photograph!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:59 pm 
High School Poet

Not many singles have found their way into my grubby paws in the past few weeks but some nice albums have, such as...

This album #3 in an edition of 8 copies came my way when I met the Basingstoke based artist at a record fair and he had a bag of his handmade releases,
the lathe cut vinyl came with an SD card with 100 extra tracks, a great way to spread the good grooves, and they are really good!
more info : https://www.discogs.com/Raz-Friends-Instrumental-Health/release/13670960

A bloke at the car boot sale had a box of these beautiful, one sided gold discs, I am kicking myself for not buying the lot as they were only 3 for a quid,
I still don't know exactly what I am going to do with it as there is no music on them.

Strong double album compilation of songs played on an Oklahoma based radio station in the late 60's early 70's.

a nice pair of picture discs were in the same box, along with some other heavy metal ones but these were a bit erm, sexier

this Japanese one is excellent!

I got this one for The Good, The Bad & The Ugly track and that cheesy grin (inner sleeve was signed To Hilda)

A budget re-issue of an earlier album by a band who released an album on the spiral Vertigo label in 1971

In the same box was this album from 1965

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:23 pm 
High School Poet

I had a nice albums and 78's score at the car boot today, luckily 2 of the regulars are on holiday so I almost had the pick of the field!
One bloke had literally hundreds of cheap 78's and singles and when the other diggers wandered off to look at other cars the stall holder
told me to go and have a look at the stuff he hadn't unloaded from his transit van, he had several big boxes which had mostly Elvis in which
I couldn't be arsed with to be honest but he did have some lovely Hank Williams 78's and some sweet 60's LP's at a pound a pop, this is the pick of the bunch.

I had not found a Scott 2 with it's insert before today.

Lovely Hank UK 78's and a 10" album

I was pleased with the T.Rex as it had the sticker on the front and the poster, which I'd not seen before,
the Johnny Cash was a UK London front laminated original in beautiful nick.

a whole bunch of Stones LP's including 2 early UK mono's and a stereo Aftermath

Upon further investigation I discovered this zipper sleeve had a sad message inside the cover...

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:45 pm 
High School Poet

mostly 7" odds & ends in the last 7 days

The only record by the artist and the only release on the Verdley label and even the herbicide it's promoting has been discontinued.

a few global discs

BOAC promo souvenir for flying from London to Japan via the polar route

Middle East Airways promo for Lebanon from the film Farewell To Lebanon

This came with a bizarre, slightly rusty solid metal centre!

The Chile National Anthem

Some old EP's

Nice one-sided promo with a polite notice on the flip.

Another sound effects single but sadly not electronic music.

An American pressing but sadly not the rare UK issue, nice sleeve though.

A 12" I got today for 30p which has a great picture on one side, the music is by Joe Fagin from 1987.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:46 am 
High School Poet

Lovely sunny weekend of car booting (next to a ballooning festival) has turned up some nice vinyl gems.

Some balloons were quite discreet, passing by at a safe distance.

One box turned up some original 60's albums in tip-top condition.

This old library album didn't have a sleeve but looked interesting enough.

Proof (as if it was needed) that I sometimes buy any old nonsense and I don't even like cricket (I love it, yeah)*

*actually I don't love it at all to be honest

Some balloons chose to come far too close, but some folks will do anything to get records these days!

This Christian folk album would be a different record altogether with a question mark after their name.

a few odd singles

A Coin Operator Release EP (for US jukeboxes maybe?)

I picked this up as I'd never come across this label before, which features 2 schools on the flip.

I'd never heard of this before and was quite excited when I came across it, but it turns out to be an old Bach tune played on a synth.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:08 pm 
High School Poet

Mostly albums have turned up in boxes in fields this week, such as...

Quite nice Xian folk

A lovely old Sandie Shaw album in mono from '68 which is mostly cover versions but well chosen and the g/f cover is very cool.

A mysterious double sided EMI acetate was always going to tempt me to part with 50p, alas it turns out to be a recording of a school choir
with no guitars or keyboards to be heard anywhere, damn.

One guy at the car boot had a very interesting box but demanded £5 a pop for his records,
he had many I'd not seen or heard before including these which have turned out to be £20 well spent.

This was a 12" and upon investigation turned out to be a 2nd pressing, the only way of telling was the number crossed out on the inner poster number!

Always have to pick up a bit of cheese on my travels, signed on the back and endorsed by the great Dick Emery.

These 2 cute 5" clear discs with experimental Welsh electronica on were sent to me via the R-Bennig label boss Johnny R.

Got this sealed copy of Alexis Taylor's album from a bloke at the car boot who had 2 boxes of new albums and 12"s (DJ Shadow, Hot Chip etc) for £1 a pop!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:13 pm 
High School Poet

all sorts of finds in fields over the weekend

Unusual to find a flexi plugging a book and in a fancy gate-fold sleeve with no expense spared, I hope it helped.

Guided tour of a Yugoslavian cave with bonus slides inside!

No relation to the band Slade, this Flame burned in the early 80's on the Malta pop scene.

A Rock 'n' Rollin' BBC demo, I thought he sounded a bit like Lonnie Donegan but that piano is pretty damn hot!

More BBC records in a pair of great old sleeves, actually just as I found them.

I have all kinds of meditation albums but never knew of this one before, on pink Charisma and produced by the guy behind so many great records.

Irish 60's Folk & spoken word

A great Island Records compilation, including a rare Tom Petty track.

I couldn't find out much about this oddity which is a mix of originals and Neil Young covers, it has a Deroy Records matrix of DER 1272

I was happy to pay 50p for this LP as the first track on side 2 caught my eye it's sealed but I'll bite the bullet.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:22 pm 
High School Poet

I won an interesting record selection in a pair of boxes at the auction today, lots of things I had not seen before and mostly in tip-top nick,
there also seemed to be lot of ladies on the sleeves which may/may not be related to the fact that there were a LOT of old gentlemen's mags in the auction too!

it wasn't all about the ladies though, there were unexpected delights

these two were sold on a final reduction of 10p - thankfully the stickers are the type that are easily removed

A 12" acetate that sadly turned out to be another bloody church service...

Profile WWW 

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14