Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Post subject: WEEKEND THREAD
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:08 am 
frostingspoon

What's everyone doing this weekend?

FRIDAY : working from home till 5. quick run to Walmart to see if they got TP in stock and to buy bubble wrap...people are buying hot sauce like a MOFO.

SATURDAY: cleaning out the disaster that is my garage. Not going out.

SUNDAY: probably lay on the couch and watch movies all day long.

Post subject: Re: WEEKEND THREAD
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:57 am 
Big in Australia

FRIDAY: look for jobs online, cook, and clean
SATURDAY: look for jobs online, cook, and clean
SUNDAY: look for jobs online, cook, and clean

And stream a movie or two each day, too.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:21 pm 
frostingspoon

Friday: Work at home until 5. Eat dinner with the family. Maybe go for a walk with the wifey-poo if the rain holds off. Watch some TV, Netflix or a movie.
Saturday: Had big plans to change the oil in the cars...but it's going to be 45, which might not be pleasant enough to do that. We'll see.
Sunday: Watch ESPN 2 (they are changing it to the Ocho for the day and will be having a ton of ridiculous sports on)

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:46 am 
Worldwide Phenomenon

Saturday: Run 9 miles, work in garden, make the house less chaotic.
Sunday: work in garden, make the house less chaotic.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:22 pm 
Hipster Backlash

Friday: eldest daughter arrived from So Cal to visit for a week or two. Youngest arrived Tuesday just in time for the freaking earthquake here (WTF?). That was scary.
Saturday: hang out (at a minimum of 6 feet distance) with my daughters. Play some games. Watch some movies or shows. Gin tonight.
Sunday: see Saturday.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:18 pm 
frostingspoon

Shit I missed it.

I worked in the backyard almost the whole time. Made a new gate, made an outdoor countertop / sink. Took a motorcycle ride with a friend Sunday (nothing like full-face helmets and every sq. inch of your covered up to prevent spread). Grilled out both nights. And I am incredibly, cripplingly sore, in my legs and back, somehow. All I did was stand around and make shit. Getting old sucks. I'm limping today.

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:21 pm 
Rape Gaze

Maybe work? Probably sleep.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:05 pm 
May contain Jesus.

Rekindled my interest in F1 and MotoGP. Watched a bunch of docs/YouTube vids.

Our washing machine broke (most inopportune time) and was supposed to work on it--but didn't. I'm actually terrified to open it up. I know for sure a sock got stuck in there. It still spins -- but doesn't drain. :|

Baltimore is a town where everyone thinks they’re normal, but they’re totally insane. In New York, they think they’re crazy, but they’re perfectly normal. --John Waters

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:01 pm 
frostingspoon

Flying Rabbit Wrote:

Our washing machine broke (most inopportune time) and was supposed to work on it--but didn't. I'm actually terrified to open it up. I know for sure a sock got stuck in there. It still spins -- but doesn't drain. :|

I'm assuming you've watched the F1 series on Netflix. Pretty cool show.

And FWIW, appliances are so simple inside it makes me mad. I replaced parts in both our washer and dryer a couple years ago. There are like 4 or 5 parts. If you know the model number, you can find the part list/map online combined with some YouTube videos, replacing things is easy if you can find a local parts store.

Last edited by timmyjoe42 on Mon May 04, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:39 pm 
frostingspoon

This Weekend...

The same damned shit. Just like weekdays, really, but I don't have to dash inside to hit the laptop for work off and on. Make shit in the yard, cook, watch movies. Take a bike ride somewhere, hopefully. Maybe take the motorcycle out.

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:53 pm 
British Press Hype

Flying Rabbit Wrote:

Drive To Survive is a great doc series on Netflix with behind the scenes looks at the F1 teams.

I'll be playing Animal Crossing and listening to music this weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:54 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

Twilightkid Wrote:
people are buying hot sauce like a MOFO

as much as coronageddon sucks, it does make me feel better to realize that the increase in forced home cooking has resulted in an uptick in gemini crow sales, dov!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:27 pm 
frostingspoon

It's funny, we didn't eat out much before, so it hasn't been a big life change around here. I miss eating out once every 2 or 3 weeks like we used to, but then again we have done take out once.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:38 pm 
Natural Harvester

I would say the covid lockdown has made me realize how much I really do love cooking at home. The weather has been nice so I've been grilling out quite a bit as well.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:08 am 
May contain Jesus.

Today was a gorgeous idyllic SE Alaska spring day. Mid-50s, blue skies, vegetation and bears starting to peek out. Unfortunately, I was locked in front of my laptop doing graphics in the morning, then locked in the studio all afternoon into evening. Came home, made pizza (with octopus on top!), drank a couple beers and watched Once Were Brothers.

Hoping to head out and get some outdoor time this weekend.

Baltimore is a town where everyone thinks they’re normal, but they’re totally insane. In New York, they think they’re crazy, but they’re perfectly normal. --John Waters

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:00 am 
frostingspoon

We used to eat out a lot before this because we were always on the run with sports. Picking a place was based on convenience (where are we and what is close?) Eating home cooked meals with all of us around the table has been awesome. I love coming up out of the basement (my work area) to see what's going on with the family instead of being trapped in traffic for a half hour.

When we do go out to eat, making a selection between the 5 was a fight, so we've gone to a rotation and we each get to pick a place and everyone else has to deal with it.

I've been working on the house and cleaning up the yard. If I was younger, I might try to tackle reroofing my house...but I don't think my back can take it.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:48 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

Flying Rabbit Wrote:
pizza (with octopus on top!)

octo PIE?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:00 pm 
frostingspoon

Bob is BACK!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:14 pm 
frostingspoon

I feel like now, during all this shit, working from home, there's the "Weekend" (sat and sun), and then there's "Weekend Lite" (all the rest). I can usually sneak out into the yard for an hour, most days, and bang away at one the of the 14,000 things I have to do on the house / yard. And I'm way, way ahead on the projects vs. where I would've been under the old normal. Saturdays I get up at 9, make coffee, put on Carhartts, and go directly outside to start working while Megan makes waffles. Try not to crack into the keg until t least 1:30. Suddenly it's 7, the sun is going down, and I'm sore. Hopefully I look around and feel good about what I managed to finish off.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:36 am 
KILLFILED

timmyjoe42 Wrote:
Bob is BACK!

Ugh.

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop