Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Rap/Hip-hop

Post subject: ridin' dirty on 85... hmmm ironic?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:16 am 
Bedroom Demos

<clipped from the Times-Herald of Newnan, GA> http://times-herald.com/

"Ridin' Dirty" rap group arrested on I-85
Published 6/2/06

Rap group's bus stopped on I-85; Search turns up marijuana
By CAMERON JOHNSON

The tour bus of Atlanta rap duo Young Bloodz was pulled over Thursday afternoon as the band made its way to Columbus for a concert, and 13 people were charged with felony possession of marijuana.

At 4:14 p.m. Deputy Clint Reynolds, a member of the Newnan-Coweta Crime Suppression Unit, stopped the southbound bus on Interstate 85 for an expired tag.

When the door of the bus opened, according to Capt. Tony Brown, the marijuana smoke coming from the bus was "overwhelming." Reynolds got everyone out of the bus, and while searching the bus found approximately a quarter pound of marijuana in a number of separate bags.

The bus was taken to the CSU headquarters in Newnan for a more thorough search, and its occupants were taken to the Coweta County Jail for booking.

Two pistols — one .40 caliber Glock and one .45 caliber Taurus — were also found hidden on the bus.

There was evidence that an attempt had been made to "flush" some contraband down the bus toilet, and late in the afternoon the investigators were discussing how the sewage would be drained and strained in the search for illegal drugs.

The Young Bloodz, comprised of Sean Paul, real name Sean Paul Joseph, and J-Bo, real name Jeffrey Grigsby, have a hit song called "Ridin' Dirty on 85," and were signed by the LaFace label in 1999.

The 1999 album "Against da Grain" was their full-length debut. Three years later Arista released the album "Drankin' Patnaz." In 2005, back with LaFace, they released "Ev'rybody Know Me."
[url][/url]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Rap/Hip-hop