Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Rap/Hip-hop

Post subject: Ghostface Question
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:22 pm 
A True Aristocrat of Freedom

I aksed Chase and Cotton this before, to no avail, but what movie are all those samples on Ironman from?

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:
LooGAR (the straw that stirs the drink)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:43 pm 
Rape Gaze

Quote:
Most Of The Skits From Ghostface's Ironman Come From "the Education Of Sonny Carson" Also Some From " Jd's Revenge".

I found that in some forum. Not sure if it's correct.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:08 pm 

Looks like the Sonny Carson may be the one I'm thinking of. I fucking love it when the kid says "Just me and you man, just me and you, I'll put the trademarks around your fuckin' eye" and it goes into that siren beat.

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:44 am 
Alcoholic National Treasure

Sen. Wm. J. Bryan LooGAR Wrote:
Looks like the Sonny Carson may be the one I'm thinking of. I fucking love it when the kid says "Just me and you man, just me and you, I'll put the trademarks around your fuckin' eye" and it goes into that siren beat.

i love that sample.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:02 am 

Cotton Wrote:

i love that sample.

What you doin on our turf punk?
I got a message for smokey
Give It
You smokey,man?
Give it
If you ain't Smokey it ain't yo mutherfuckin message
Motherfucker I said gimme the message!
It's from willie in the slam
Nigga you been busted?
Ya the man picked me up
Well I ain't go no fuckin time to play with you, now gimme the message
Willie's in Warwick, doin 1 to 3, told me to tell y'all motherfuckers to keep cool, he'll be out one way or anther, quick. told me to tell y'all mutherfuckers to keep cool. He be out one way or antother, quick. Maybe I can stick around for awhile?
Nah that's out man, what can we the Lords do with a punk like you?
Kiss my ass motherfucker.
Burn 'im
Just me and you mothafucka, just me and you, I'll put the trademarks aroud your fuckin eye

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:09 pm 
Whiskey Tango

Dave, I spun that at Bingo night a few weeks ago. Kattness looked at me from the bar and actually said, "Easy, Bubba...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:45 pm 

LL Yail B Wrote:
Dave, I spun that at Bingo night a few weeks ago. Kattness looked at me from the bar and actually said, "Easy, Bubba...."

WOW. An admonition from KatNasty? you know you are doing well then.

When are you gonna start posting your playlists?

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:01 pm 
Whiskey Tango

LL Yail B Wrote:

WOW. An admonition from KatNasty? you know you are doing well then.

When are you gonna start posting your playlists?

dunno, does anyone care?

Post subject: fine post
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:17 pm 
Hello. I think the post is really interesting. I am even interested in reading more. How soon will you update your forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:58 am 

hmm

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:23 pm 
frostingspoon

oh cool, a timely bump that reminded me of this. I haven't listened yet, so i can't vouch for quality - - but this is the version of Bulletproof Wallets before they unsuccessfully tried to clear samples.

Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5JH46HRN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:16 pm 
frostingspoon

after listening to this, i'd say it's a must have for a fan of Ghostface, and it includes a few of my favorite songs from that era that aren't on any album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:22 pm 

I completely agree on this.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:23 pm 
British Press Hype

Thanks for the link..I'll peep this later.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Rap/Hip-hop