Board index : Music Talk : The Mix

Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:34 pm 
Go Platinum

I played the CD from the version above and realized there was a bunch of hum from a ground wire lose on my turntable. So, here it is again. This one should be better...sorry if anyone downloaded the first version.

Suicide Commandos Make A Record:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dl2m80odtd5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:58 pm 
Go Platinum

Drain: Regional Action

This one's only out of print because it was barely in print. I happened across it, but I was actually trying to find some info on it online and couldn't find much at all, seems to have been a pretty small run of these. Drain is the more electronic side project from King Coffey of the Butthole Surfers. Lots of heavy bass and claustrophobic beats and sound effects, trancey, semi-industrial sounding at times, from 1996. 6 tracks. Here's the link...

http://www.mediafire.com/?4bdycb0b2de

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:02 pm 
Go Platinum

Legal Weapon: Your Weapon

Back again with a punk classic from 1982 that was briefly back in print in the early 90s but has since long faded. I first heard there guys doing Equalizer on New Wave Theater and was equally enamored of their singer, Kat Arthur, who was singing with a live snake wrapped around the mike, and their fantastic guitar assult. I don't know if anything by these guys is still in print. But their first EP, No Sorrow, and their first LP, Death of Innocence, are both really good if you run across 'em. Patricia Morrison of Gun Club and Sisters of Mercy fame was on the EP. This is their third release, Your Weapon.

Here's the track list:

what a scene
the stare
what's wrong with me
equalizer
bleeders
only lost for today
ice age
hand to mouth
caught in the reign

and, here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?d2lhmpk4zje

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:48 pm 
Go Platinum

ImageImage
Black Market Clash

Side 1
Capital Radio One
The Prisoner
Pressure Drop
Cheat
City of the Dead
Time is Tight

Side 2
Bankrobber / Robber Dub
Armagideon Time
Justice Tonight / Kick it Over

Here's a bit of an odd one. All the individual songs are available in one format or another these days since the release of the Clash Singles Box, but as a complete release, you can't go grab this anymore. Originally released as a gathering of singles and B-sides not released in the US, Black Market Clash always had way more cohesion than its nature as a bit of a collection of odd tracks would merit. Purists may scoff since this was just a little 10" thing packaged for the US market, but if you listened to it over the years, you grew accustomed to it, and the newer Super Black Market Clash that replaced it pales in comparison, both because of the missing tracks this one has that aren't on that newer package or simply because of the order of the songs, which you kinda get used to. This one was ordered wonderfully with a collection of rocking tracks on the first side, closing with a great instrumental cover of Booker T & the MGs: Time Is Tight, which almost serves as a bridge to side 2, which holds three longish reggae/dub tracks, which for my money represent about the best of the Clash's reggae tendencies all gathered on a single side of vinyl.

OK, I've babbled enough here. All I'll add is that while the Clash had lots of good stuff, in many ways this release tops most of 'em in pure terms of how much I've played it over the years and how much I've enjoyed it. And, I hate that it is no longer available in this format. If you wanna hear Black Market Clash the way it was first released in the US, you're gonna have to click below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7mmdiu0ds1g

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:56 pm 
Fluke Breakthrough Single

Thanks. I have Super Black Market already, but I like this version.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:55 pm 
Go Platinum

nobody you might need to re-up that one. ive been out of the loop for the wrong week

My Scooby Doo/Henry Rollins mash up: http://retintheran.blogspot.com

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:33 pm 
Go Platinum

Looks like the link's still working from what I can tell. Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:22 pm 
Go Platinum

word. keep up this awesome thread, dude!

My Scooby Doo/Henry Rollins mash up: http://retintheran.blogspot.com

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:02 pm 
Go Platinum

The Flesheaters: A Minute To Pray, A Second To Die

1 Digging My Grave
2 Pray 'Til You Sweat
3 River Of Fever
4 Satan's Stomp
5 See You In The Boneyard
6 So Long
7 Cyrano De Berger's Back
8 Divine Horseman

Gothic roots punk from The Flesheaters. This earlier release isn't as heavy as Forever Came Today and has a different lineup. This configuration of the group includes Dave Alvin from the Blasters as well as John Doe and DJ Bonebrake from X. This thing has gone in and out of print over the years, mostly out...and it's out right now. But, if you wanna get a listen, just click below...

http://www.mediafire.com/?90glzwnozzf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:48 am 
Go Platinum

I'm back...

Subhumans: No Wishes, No Prayers

Here's No Wishes, No Prayers from the Subhumans. No, not the English ones, the much better Canadian Subhumans. And, yes, they had the name first. Sadly, their music is much harder to get hold of, except for their quite good recent release a couple years back. This one, however, is from 1983 and had a fairly small original run and hasn't been reissued.

This is their swan song, until the reunion. Lots of people overlook it in favor of their earlier album Incorrect Thoughts or the singles, but it's been a long time favorite of mine. It walks the line between older punk stuff and hardcore stuff quite nicely with politically minded lyrics tossed in for good measure. They also do a cover of Screwed Up by Menace that's great fun. Here's the full tack list:

1. Canada's Favourite Sport
2. Moron Majority
3. For the Common Good
4. Helicopter
5. Slap in the Face
6. Screwed Up
7. America Commits Suicide
8. Hiroshima
9. No Wishes No Prayers
10. Mobile Electic Chair
11. Breaking Point
12. Googolplex

Anyway, this is a great record more people should hear. If you're into punk/hardcore kinda stuff, you don't wanna miss out. But, since you're not likely to find it around, to hear it you're gonna hafta click below...

http://www.mediafire.com/?bdgutanzbib

Post subject: Re: Out of Print Outpost
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:07 am 
Go Platinum

Well, it's been a while, but I just burned one I figured I'd toss up here just in case anyone was interested.

Who's your favorite early 80s cross dressing gay communist punk rock band from Texas? Well, it's a close call with the Big Boys,l but let's just say The Dicks. And their classic and only full-length with the original lineup has been out of print forever with the tapes long gone and SST not looking like they've got any ideas about somehow bringing it back to life. Enter, a lovely bootlegging joint that kept me from having to spend ungodly sums of money of a rare original copy to replace the one I stupidly sold for almost enough to buy a 6 pack f Mickey's. Anyway, Rich Daddy Records has made a limited run of these again and I grabbed one and burned a copy and here it is.

Bluesy punk with lots energy and sloppiness and plenty of ranting and raving is the order of the day and if you are interested in early 80s punk from the US, this is an absolute must hear classic. Click the cover below and it's yours:

1. Anti-Klan (Part 1)
2. Rich Daddy
3. No Nazi's Friend
4. Marilyn Buck
5. Kill From the Heart
6. Little Boys' Feet
7. Pigs Run Wild
8. Bourgeois Fascist Pig
9. Purple Haze
10. Anti-Klan (Part 2)
11. Right Wing/White Ring
12. Dicks Can't Swim:
I. Cock Jam
II. Razor Blade Dance

Last edited by nobody on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:05 am 
Go Platinum

Link Wray: Bullshot

It's a crime I tell you that this is out of print. Just a great selection of covers and originals. Switchblade is a burner with great guitar work rivaling anything Link did back in the day. Driving cover of fever and a cover of Dylan's It's All Over Now baby Blue that I read in one place..."will make you forget Dylan ever recorded it." Excellent album from start to finish and one that you need....click the pic and it's yours. Track list as follows;

1. Good Good Lovin'
2. Fever
3. Snag
4. Just That Kind
5. Switchblade
6. It's All over Now, Baby Blue
7. Raw-Hide
8. Wild Party
9. Sky Is Falling
10. Don't

Last edited by nobody on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:15 am 
Go Platinum

Don't know if anyone's grabbing any of these anymore or not...and I am frankly pissed one of 'em I lost my files for and now have to burn all over again from vinyl since the link's expired. Anyway....here's another old thing that I've had lying around that's hard to find and kinda pricey for a short compilation of old rockabilly crap. But, the track selection really is pretty dang good as you can see.

1. Grandaddy's Rocking - Mac Curtis
2. One Hand Loose - Charlie Feathers
3. Bip A Little Bop A Lot - Joe Penny
4. Rockin' Up - Ronnie Molleen
5. Little Miss Linda - Mac Curtis
6. Bottle To The Baby - Charlie Curtis
7. Goose Bumps - Mac Curtis
8. If I Had A Woman - Mac Curtis
9. Everybody's Lovin' My Baby - Charlie Feathers
10. Jungle Rock - Hank Mizell
11. Peg Pants - Bill Beach
12. Say So - Mac Curtis
13. Nobody's Woman - Charlie Feathers
14. Eeny Meeny Miney Mo - Bob & Lucille

King - Federal Rockabillys

Late 70s compilation of old 50s rockabilly tunes on the King and federal labels. Features people like Charlie Feathers and Mac Curtis and lesser knowns like Bill Beach and Joe Penny. 14 tracks and every one a winner. Check out the fuzzy guitar bursts in Hank Mizell's Jungle Rock. This thing has been out of print for quite a while now, but it is well worth having. SO, click the pick if you want it.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:04 pm 
Street Teamer

nobody Wrote:
Legal Weapon: Your Weapon

Legal weapon, nice design, I wanna put my favorite weapon at the back of it. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:34 pm 
frostingspoon

i love homegrown jacket designs like that

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:25 am 
Street Teamer

LA roots-punk outfit from the early to mid 80s. I took this and follow-up, but remember that the time of follow-up disappointed. But that was enough to keep me interested. It 's a damn short, less than half an hour and 8 songs, the EP has more. But the opening track, Oh Mama!, Which many people first heard Enigma Variations is a wonderful collection of words and the closing cover of Jimmy Reed's Big Boss Man is solid. I have always liked the cover, Mad Marc Rude, as well. Grab a listen and see for yourself.

Board index : Music Talk : The Mix

Go to page Previous  1, 2