Board index : Music Talk : The Mix

Post subject: Kingfish's Private Stash
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:36 pm 
Go Platinum

I pulled these song from various comps of 50's rock and rockabilly and 40's r&b.

Kingfish's Private Stash

1. Madness - Rhythim Rockers
2. Little Red Riding Hood - Bunker Hill
3. Yeah! I'm Movin' - Jimmy Patton
4. But Officer - Sonny Knight
5. Down Boy - Paul Gayten
6. Juicy Fruit - Rudy Green
7. Sixteen Chicks - Joe Clay
8. Rollin' Stone - Marigolds
9. TV Mama - Franctics Four
10. Crazy Date - Crazy Teens
11. Wild Wild Word (Alt. take) - Dale Hawkins
12. Sloppy Drunk - Jimmy Rogers
13. Ragged but Right - Jimmy Patton
14. Big Sandy - Bobby Roberts
15. Got You on Mind - Cookie & the Cupcakes
16. Ooh Poo Pah Doo Part. 1 - Jesse Hill
17. It's a Married Woman - Amos Milburn
18. Suzy -Q (Alt. take) - Dale Hawkins

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=73f7 ... b9a8902bda

I tried to find somebody of that sort that I could like that nobody else did - because everybody would adopt his group, and his group would be _it_; someone weird like Captain Beefheart. It's no different now - people trying to outdo ! each other in extremes. There are people who like X, and there are people who say X are wimps; they like Black Flag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:58 pm 
frostingspoon

Yoink. And thanks.

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:23 pm 
frostingspoon

Oh hell, Ragged But Right - I know this song. The Starroom Boys used to cover this I think. Nice.

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:00 pm 
Go Platinum

Cap'n Squirrgle Wrote:
Oh hell, Ragged But Right - I know this song. The Starroom Boys used to cover this I think. Nice.

Jimmy Patton was one of the biggest revelations I've heard from that era. I found out about him from Dylan's radio show, when Dylan sang his praises.

I tried to find somebody of that sort that I could like that nobody else did - because everybody would adopt his group, and his group would be _it_; someone weird like Captain Beefheart. It's no different now - people trying to outdo ! each other in extremes. There are people who like X, and there are people who say X are wimps; they like Black Flag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:14 pm 
frostingspoon

I had a mini out-of-body experience at the chorus. Suddenly I was standing in the 40 Watt, in 1997.

They used to do a great version of "Dream Lover", and did a really good job with Petty's "Walls." What else... Swingin' Doors, The Bottle Let Me Down, and something by Lefty Frizell but I forget what. The covers were half the fun.

Board index : Music Talk : The Mix