Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Reviews

Post subject: Team Love Showcase show for Lincoln Calling Festival
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:11 pm 
Go Platinum

I attended the Team Love Records showcase show last night. Conor Oberst was not in attendance despite it being his label, but a vast majority of the Saddle Creek staff was there.
David Dondero opened the show with his drummer Craig D., who is also a Muralist in San Francisco. It was my third time seeing Dondero, and he was feeling it. He only got 25 minutes to play, but was probably more effective in that time than the other three performers. I managed to pick up his first album at the show for $10, it was released by Earmeat records and recorded by Andy Lemaster of Now, It's Overhead.
Orenda Fink played next. She used to be part of Azure Ray and is now married to Todd Baechle of The Faint. Roger Lewis of The Good Life and Neva Dinova, as well as Jake Bellows of Neva Dinova and Stephanie Drootin of The Good Life backed her up. I've heard her album about once or twice all the way through. She sounded great, but lacks energy on stage.
Neva Dinova played next, Dan McCarthy of Mayday and McCarthy Trenching was playing Bass for them and Ryan Fox of The Good Life, 1989 Cubs was playing guitar. I don't know what is happening or happened to the original lineup, but this allstar line-up tore it up on stage.
The band seemed genuinely impressed by the large and enthusiastic audience, which is a rarity for bar/club shows in Lincoln.
Tilly and The Wall closed the show due to their massive popularity with the 18-21 crowd. I have seen them several times and they seem to become better musically each time. They even used Roger Lewis on drums a few times and had Dondero play harmonica on a rarely heard or newly released song.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Reviews