Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Reviews

Post subject: Eagles of Death Metal - Peace Love Death Metal
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:04 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

If I were Linda Richman, this review would pretty much write itself: "Eagles of Death Metal are neither The Eagles nor Death Metal. Discuss amongst yourselves." So, the mystery of how Timothy B. Schmit manages to work in his falsetto while covering Cannibal Corpse's "Hammer Smashed Face" will have to wait to be solved on another day. As for Peace Love Death Metal, this one-of-a-kind gumbo of glam, garage, and blues sounds like it just might have been recorded in a studio that doubles as a meth lab.

It only took a couple of listens in my '79 Oldsmobuick to discover this is the perfect driving album. Peace Love Death Metal is overflowing with killer riffs and some of the most unorthodox, yet effective, drumming you'll ever hear. The inordinate amount of false starts and studio banter between songs gives this an extremely casual feel, but the tunes are simply too good for this to be considered a half-assed effort. Songs like "I Only Want You," "So Easy," "Whorehoppin'" and a cover of the Stealer's Wheel classic made famous by Michael Madsen and a straight razor (appropriately renamed "Stuck in the Metal") beg to be replayed over and over again. Hopefully, we won't have to beg for a second album from this Queens of the Stone Age side project.

Profile WWW 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Reviews