Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Reviews

Post subject: Whirlwind by whirl, review our first record!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:20 pm 
Street Teamer

this record was made in 2010 by my band whirl, we were like 16 when we recorded this? if your looking for some intelligent post punk/ punk rock give it a listen. if your down with the Jesus lizard you will be down with us. http://whirl.bandcamp.com/album/whirlwind you can listen to all of the tracks for free, please give comments and reviews!

best wishes, Chris

i look forward to your comments

Post subject: Re: Whirlwind by whirl, review our first record!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:10 pm 
Street Teamer

A review by Josh Landes of Limbs bin of the first Whirl record:

Best live band in the Valley. i said it. Better every time i see them. No exceptions. it feels like a cop out to mention that these guys are all under 18, but i would like to say that when it is this obvious that a band knows exactly what they want to do and exactly how to do it, it's fucking exciting. I've listend to this record so many times it's rediculous. Barn burning shit that feels like dunking over your high school enemies on a court made of gold. Not to be hyperbolic or anything. You need to hear these riffs right now. Chris shreds like a smaller, cheerier J Mascis. Lucas's bass work chugs along underneath, giving the songs a line to ride on. Dana should stop drumming because he makes me feel useless. What's scary is that the new songs not on this are even better. I can't think of a convenient pigeonhole to push this into, so i'm just going to tell you to seek out this record and see the band live as soon as you can.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Reviews