Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Reviews

Post subject: Clem Snide @ Knickerbockers in Lincoln 3-13-2005
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:21 pm 
Go Platinum

Clem Snide played with Troubled Hubble and Hockey Night. Hockey Night is on Lookout!, I believe the band is from the Chicago area like Troubled Hubble, but could be from Minnesota. Having never heard them, I was impressed by their drummers and guitarist. I can only describe their sound as a mix of Television, Thin Lizzy and Built to Spill. Their vocalist wasn't the greatest, but they did a great job of playing in front of next to nobody at the time.
Troubled Hubble is a regular to this area, but I haven't seen them more than once. They are a fan friendly ban with ties to a few people in this area, so it was much easier for them to put on a good show. After seeing Modest Mouse a few weeks ago, it was nice to see a band with decent stage banter that enjoyed playing here in Nebraska.
Clem Snide was the closer, and was phenomenal. They tried to play all the songs requested by slightly annoying people in the audience and even brought a few up on stage to attempt to sing them with the band. They did a great job of establishing new material from the new album, while playing some of their "classics". They too play here quite a bit for a band that doesn't live close by. I think their sound tends to sell in Nebraska, and they honestly enjoy stopping by. I think their guitarist does unbelievable things with a banjo and I love to see a person play a Baritone or Euphonium on stage too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Reviews