Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Reviews

Post subject: my morning jacket & french kicks @ taste of randolph, 6/
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:10 pm 
Go Platinum

so, this show was at a street fair. i arrived just before french kicks began and looked desperately for food without meat. these yuppie street fairs obviously don't cater to vegetarians. oh well. i missed "one more time" by french kicks while hunting down food and really don't know much else apart from trial of the century. they were pretty boring, but sounded fine.

the expectations for my morning jacket have been growing for the last few weeks and i truly expected to see one of the finest shows ever. jim james said it was a day that'd live in infamy because they had the best soundcheck ever, by any band at any time. they were definitely solid, but i wasn't blown away until the encore. "one big holiday" might be the best song i've heard live in over a year. it sounded incredibly heavy and done so well. that song alone was worth admission.

i sometimes think of songs as being honed by the band/singer until they get it perfect. with that being said, i can't imagine them ever playing "one big holiday" again because it was just so fucking good. it was like every single thing about it lined up in perfection - just a phenomenal performance.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Reviews