Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ] 

Board index : Special Needs : Introductions

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:26 pm 
Go Platinum

chowgurt Wrote:
How am I doing?
Hey, no worries about the lull. I think we all go through that (although, at 15 years, I think you got most of us beat). I don't think I remember anything post 1990 as well as the stuff I grew up with, so I may be able to relate to you just fine (although my 80's selections would include a lot more synthesizers).

But yeah, that's good. The reason I ask is that it's easier to recommend things if you already have a gauge as to the person's tastes. I wonder how many people, after reading that list, would change their answers to your "recommend 5 post 1990 albums" thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:44 pm 
Major Label Sell Out

You know, I kind of feel like Rip Van Winkle waking up from a 15 year sleep! It's good tho cuz i get to look at stuff fresh. I have even dusted off old discs that i haven't looked at and are hearing them differently than the last time I heard them! Kind of like that saying that you can never step into the same river twice.

As for the "gauge," remember the reason I'm doing this is to expand my tastes not reinforce them.

I have tried to look outside of my comfort zone to keep in check with reality. This site is great for that since your realities are so widespread and diverse! I haven't even explored the Rap/hip-hop or other areas yet !That's next.

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:11 pm 
Go Platinum

chowgurt Wrote:
As for the "gauge," remember the reason I'm doing this is to expand my tastes not reinforce them.
My response to this is to ask you to trust us more. We're not necessarily going to suggest to you things that sound the same, but those of us who got more excited by your list than others are going to be more likely to suggest things that are up your alley, even if the connection isn't immediately obvious.

I mean, for example, your tastes and mine are pretty different, so if I were you, I wouldn't take my advice. Even though my tastes are excellent.

I mean, what if someone told you to go out and get the latest Infidel? Castro!, or Vladislav Delay, or Khanate, or Shape of Despair, or Sunn O))) or Earth, or KK Null, or one of Mike Patton's many projects? You'd probably have a conniption, if you dived into something like that head-first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:58 pm 
Major Label Sell Out

Dusty Chalk Wrote:
chowgurt Wrote:
My response to this is to ask you to trust us more...I mean, for example, your tastes and mine are pretty different, so if I were you, I wouldn't take my advice. Even though my tastes are excellent.

Good point. I do trust and respect you all. That's why I asked for the list.

I had a nice discussion with Paper yesterday about musical tastes and good vs. bad and how it relates to age and stage in life etc. Actually that would be a good thread. I'll see if Paper want to start it.

Let's discuss this after Paper posts later today.

Profile YIM 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ] 

Board index : Special Needs : Introductions

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4