Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

Board index : Special Needs : Introductions

Post subject: hiya
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:59 pm 
Street Teamer

Hello!

I've been checking the cmj board for a few years now, but never registered. Some would proclaim laziness, others would cry shyness, but i would settle for shlaziness. Anywho, I figured with this new thing being the wave of the future, i'd take the opportunity to conquer this old demon and announce (very softly) my existence. so here's what:

Name: munish

reason for joining: over the past few years, i've picked up some killer albums, for which i'm very grateful. i check the board several times a day and always pick up latest news/concerts/tours/album releases. I figured i'd like to do the same for somebody else for a change. also the political threads are good for angryin' up me blood!

Music preferences: pretty much everything, though i just don't like rap. sorry, it's nothing personal, i just don't. I won't list everyone i like, but i really heavily like the beatles, led zep, jeff buckley, elliott smith, neutral milk hotel, wilco, modest mouse, yo la tengo. you can fill in anygaps on your own i guess

Recent shows: in no particular order, this year i've seen Iron and Wine, Earlimart (with the midnight movies and silversun pick up), Eric Hutchinson, the delgados (with Crooked Fingers), the brian jonestown massacre (with the dears), cat power, rye coalition, yo la tengo, tv on the radio, blonde redhead

Last few pickups: arcade fire's funeral, crooked raincrooked rain reissue, wilcobook, from a basement on the hill, BJM's ...and this is our music, interpolantics, that's all i can really remember

On the horizon: getting "bows and arrows" from BMG, will see yo la tengo this coming tuesday (first night of Chanukah at Maxwell's) and will go to the wilco-flaming lips-sleater kinney show on new years eve (possibly with ice skating and falafels before hand).

hope that helps, sorry if it was too long. thanks for letting me join

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:08 pm 
frostingspoon

"...each and every time."

Elliott Smith is the only artist I continually feel comfortable listing as a favorite when asked.

Glad yer here. Have a :domokun:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:15 pm 
Queen of Obner

Welcome, Munish! :wave:

Always wonderful to have new meat onboard.

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:48 am 
Big in Australia

Hello.
Welcome to the rock show.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:49 pm 
The Listerine Queen

Hello and welcome! How was the Earliment show?

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:43 pm 
Street Teamer

The show was really good. The first two bands were okay, your basic guitar, drummer, keyboards combos that had some catchy tunes, but nothing i can really remember right now, though one of the bands had a lady drummer, and that really turns me on for some reason.

Earlimart played really well, though they had some sound system problems. Apparently picking up the local radio station through your amp actually occurs outside of spinal tap. The lead singer didn't deal with it very well and threw a bit of a hissy fit which kinda turned me off. don't know the titles as i don't have the new album, but they do lots of stuff with tape loops that i recognized from the new one, and i remember it being as emotive as on the record. They really knew how to hit the emotional peaks as they played, and played with real vitality. I was disappointed that they didn't do "Heaven Adores You," but overall i would recommend seeing them, it was a great show at a great price ($8).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:51 pm 
The Listerine Queen

Fantastic. Thank you much! Yeah, I don't have the new disc either and have been wondering if it should be put on my 'to buy' list.

Profile YIM 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

Board index : Special Needs : Introductions