Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

Board index : Special Needs : Introductions

Post subject: hey all...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:54 pm 
Go Platinum

nobody here...

Stopped by CMJ a bit, post pretty often at audioreview.com. Saw some familiar names and figured I'd go ahead and post something here. Audioreview.com seems to be pretty slow most days so I figured I'd get in some extra reading and the occasional post over here.

I listen to just about everything. Grew up listening to mostly hardcore punk with little doses of hip hop. Mellowed out as I grew up with some new wave kinda stuff. Have a fondness for jazz and old style country, which I heard from my grandpa, and old rockabilly, which I heard from my dad. Always liked the occasional classical record and have developed a fondness for laid back electronic stuff. I'm big on variety and my tastes change from day to day.

I like getting out to see live bands too, but since I'm usually pretty broke and I prefer to drink and smoke while seeing live music, I mostly go for cheap local band gigs here in St. Louis, or small touring bands that are still playing bars.

later...
nobody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:01 pm 
The Listerine Queen

Hello and welcome. Make yourself comfortable. We're pretty good at providing a plethora of goodies to read here, even if it's just mindless banter at times. :wink:

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:34 pm 
Queen of Obner

Don't listen to Spontaneous Poet -- she's shady and tends to talk in her sleep. Her dogs told me. Ok, so she makes great mix CDs and is a pretty cool chick...but aside from that, do NOT trust her. ;)

Welcome, nobody! You ain't nobody 'til you're somebody. What's the last great CD you bought?

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:36 pm 
Go Platinum

Hard to say. If I gotta mention one buy from the year, I think The Streets will end up being my top of the year, even though there's always a chance I'll change my mind or something will knock it off.

I'm also really digging Two Lone Swordsmen: From the Double Gone Chapel.

And, thank you both for the welcome. Cool, yet shady chicks are my favorite kind. I'll look forward to hearing one of those mix CDs sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:39 am 
The Listerine Queen

Aural is a half-lie-spreading-hot-mama who really gets around. By which I mean she goes to so many shows it boggles the mind and I'm totally envious. Of course. :wink:

nobody, the Streets' disc is one I've meant to pick up all year, held it in my hands many times, and have yet to actually get it to the counter to purchase. So, are you saying I should put it on my Christmas list so it will have consideration for my top twenty of 2004 list?

I'll gladly share a mix sometime, also, many obners will do the same.

Profile YIM 

Post subject: Aye-aye-aye...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:57 am 
Go Platinum

...ain't got nobaaaaaaaaah-dee!

Yo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:07 am 
frostingspoon

Greetings nobody. Thanks for making yourself known. I like the Streets disc a lot: definitely a top 10 contender for me this year.

Profile WWWYIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:49 pm 
Go Platinum

[quote="SpontaneousPoet"]Aural is a half-lie-spreading-hot-mama who really gets around. By which I mean she goes to so many shows it boggles the mind and I'm totally envious. Of course. :wink:

nobody, the Streets' disc is one I've meant to pick up all year, held it in my hands many times, and have yet to actually get it to the counter to purchase. So, are you saying I should put it on my Christmas list so it will have consideration for my top twenty of 2004 list?

I'll gladly share a mix sometime, also, many obners will do the same.[/quote]

Well, depending on what kind of stuff you like, I'd absolutely recommend putting the Streets on your holiday list. It's a nice mellow blend of garage and hip hop with an English slant. It shares some of the sparseness of Dizee Rascal, but is much more laid back and melodic.

Sharing a mix sounds good. I'l be making one up for the new year as a 2004 review. I'll post and mention when it's ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:10 am 
The Listerine Queen

nobody Wrote:
Well, depending on what kind of stuff you like, I'd absolutely recommend putting the Streets on your holiday list. It's a nice mellow blend of garage and hip hop with an English slant. It shares some of the sparseness of Dizee Rascal, but is much more laid back and melodic.

Sharing a mix sounds good. I'l be making one up for the new year as a 2004 review. I'll post and mention when it's ready.

I have their first disc, I will now certainly put their latest on my wish list.

Also, my year end mix is posted in the mix forum, if you are interested in a copy, just PM me.

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:26 am 
Big in Australia

Goodnight nobody
Goodnight air
Goodnight noises... everwhere.

And welcome.
:D

Profile WWW 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

Board index : Special Needs : Introductions