Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

Board index : Special Needs : Introductions

Post subject: Meet Cap'n Deez...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:33 pm 
frostingspoon

Howdy. I'm originally from the dirty south, transplant to the frigid north. I work in an internet department. Aside from long walks on the beach and pina coladas, I enjoy most or all of the following:

Pedal Steel guitar (any others here, or do I get that distinction all to myself?)

Fender guitars, especially old ones.

Fender amps too, for that matter, ditto on the age.

Furniture construction.

German language.

Beer production, consumption, discussion.

Things made by Toyota with 4wd.

The fine art of redneck engineering.

Lots of bands... etc. Wilco, Death Cab, Ryan Adams, Abba, Fugazi, Guster, Foo Fighters, Star Room Boys (RIP), Dwight Yoakum, Jayhawks, etc. This sort of paragraph turns into a pissing contest waaay too easily.

That's me. Nice to be here, thanks for having me.

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:53 pm 
frostingspoon

I could have sold you a beaut of an old Fender amp last week if only I'd known. Welcome to here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:01 pm 
The Listerine Queen

I wasn't paying attention and posted my welcome too early, so here it is again;

SpontaneousPoet Wrote:
Cap'n Deez Wrote:
I'll have to rely on Busty, Lil Jon(g), and Bloor to vouch for me on this one... I'm square.

Oooh, you're a friend of Bloor's, huh?

I'm down with that.

Welcome.

I'm pretty sure Aural will be around soon to offer you phantom refreshments.

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:13 pm 
frostingspoon

What flavor of beautiful old fender amp, perchance? They're all beautiful in my eyes, of course, but...

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:35 pm 
Whiskey Tango

Welcome Ky, I'll post some embarrasing photos of us in high school as soon as I can dig them up. :rave:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:56 pm 
A True Aristocrat of Freedom

Apparently I carry no cache, Ky, but you knew that. As you can see, I waste way too much time here. That's what being unemployable gets you.

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:
LooGAR (the straw that stirs the drink)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:09 pm 
frostingspoon

That MUST be true, explaining Busty's recent infatuation with this place.

You know, there's a picture of us on the wall at my cubicle (insert "aww" noise here), where we're standing side-by-side, and you're pointing at me... your arm is parallel to the ground, yet the finger is level with my ear. The standard inter-office reaction: "Jeezus, how tall IS that guy?!"

Tall. Very, very tall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:29 pm 
Queen of Obner

Phantom refreshments?? Sheesh! I'm kicking Stacey out of the Welcome Committee...hmpf!

Hiya, Cap'n! Thanks for bringing your freak space friend to the board (*grumble grumble*). Let's all go to Loogey's dad's for Guinness!

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:52 am 
The Listerine Queen

Aural Fixation Wrote:
Phantom refreshments?? Sheesh! I'm kicking Stacey out of the Welcome Committee...hmpf!

But they're the best damn phantom refreshments ever!

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:25 pm 
frostingspoon

Yeah, I'd again like to apologize for that, not that I had much control over it. Never, and I mean EVER, thought he'd pay so much attention... how many other forums is he creeping people out in?

No more hot links in posts for me. No sir. Not worth the risks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:36 pm 
Indie Debut

Deez u originally from the ATL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:59 am 
A True Aristocrat of Freedom

Cap'n Deez Wrote:
That MUST be true, explaining Busty's recent infatuation with this place.

You know, there's a picture of us on the wall at my cubicle (insert "aww" noise here), where we're standing side-by-side, and you're pointing at me... your arm is parallel to the ground, yet the finger is level with my ear. The standard inter-office reaction: "Jeezus, how tall IS that guy?!"

Tall. Very, very tall.

Goddamnit we should done MasterBlaster. Think of the havoc we could wreak with pics of that.

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:
LooGAR (the straw that stirs the drink)

Profile WWW 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

Board index : Special Needs : Introductions