Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Special Needs : BB feature suggestions

Post subject: Masters snooker tournament handed sponsorship boost
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:42 pm 
High School Poet

prada handbags sale report,Ladbrokes Mobile will

provide a prize pot of 500,000 for the world's top 16 players when they compete in the game's

most prestigious invitational event.

"We are delighted to continue our long and successful partnership with Ladbrokes with this

sponsorship," World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn said.

Mark Selby will defend his crown when play gets under way on 9 January.

The "Jester from Leicester" is looking to secure a third Masters title in four seasons when he

begins his campaign in north London against Mark King in the opening round.

Selby overcame Ronnie O'Sullivan 10-9 in the final 11 months ago, taking the last four frames for

a phenomenal victory.

The 27-year-old's only loss in 12 Masters matches was to O'Sullivan in the 2009 final.

O'Sullivan is aiming to bounce back at Wembley after his first-round exit at the UK Championships

in early December.

"I was disappointed with my performance in Telford, which was due to lack of match practice,"

admitted the three-time world champion.

"I always practice really hard but I need to play in more of the smaller tournaments to improve

my sharpness.

"I go into every tournament wanting to win, but on the day it's down to the hard work you've done

in advance."
prada outlet
The new sponsorship deal for the Masters is another boost for a sport that has suffered in recent

years with dwindling audiences and limited investment.

Hearn, who has had business success across sports including darts, boxing and golf, was handed

control of World Snooker following a player vote and pledged that prize money would rise from

3.5m in 2009/10 to 4.5m in 2010/11.

The latest snooker calendar includes a variety of new tournaments, including a quick-fire Shoot-

Out event, a ranking event in Berlin, Germany, a World Seniors Championship and a Player Tour

Championship series.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Special Needs : BB feature suggestions