Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Special Needs : BB feature suggestions

Post subject: Bill Clinton frustrated at pace of Haiti rebuilding
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:00 am 
High School Poet

coach purses report,But he said that after many delays the speed of recovery was now picking up.

Mr Clinton was speaking on a visit to Port-au-Prince in his capacity as UN envoy to Haiti.

The people of Haiti are holding two days of commemoration to mark the anniversary of the quake on 12 January.

"No one is more frustrated than I am that we haven't done more," Mr Clinton said as he visited a site where workers are crushing the rubble of destroyed buildings for use in concrete for rebuilding.
coach outlet
But after many delays, he told the BBC's Matthew Price he was confident that the speed of reconstruction would pick up.

"Even in the United States after Hurricane Andrew in Florida in 1992 we still had people in temporary housing a year after that," he said.
coach factory outlet
"This [earthquake] took out a third of the capital area and wrecked a lot of the streets.

"Yes it's slow. Nobody is more impatient than I am but I think you will see the pace pick up."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Special Needs : BB feature suggestions