Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Lists

Post subject: Songs with prominent stuttering
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:11 pm 
Gayford R. Tincture

Looking for songs that feature stuttered vocals, preferrably in the chorus or recurring throughout the song.

Only two I can think of right now:

The Who - "My Generation"
Unwound - "Treachery"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:33 pm 
Go Platinum

David Bowie "Changes"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:47 pm 
Gayford R. Tincture

What's that Spoon song where he goes "M-muh-my, m-muh-my..."?

Might not be the best example, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:11 pm 
Go Platinum

"Car Radio"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:35 pm 
Gayford R. Tincture

Yeah, I think that's it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:18 am 
Second Album Slump

B-b-b-b-baby you just ain't seen n-n-n-nothing yet.

B-b-b-b-bad to the bone.

M-m-m-my my my my my wooh! M-m-m-my Sharona.

I saw a list of 'em somewhere. There were way more than you'd think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:58 am 
Bedroom Demos

911 is a joke in your town
sister ray
psycho killer
benny and the jets

beulah - Disco: the secrataries blues
pavement - AT&T

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:06 am 
Gayford R. Tincture

Where's the stuttering in "Psycho Killer"?

I wouldn't count the "Fa fa fa, fa fa, fa fa fa fa" part because I didn't think it was part of a word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:28 am 
Gayford R. Tincture

Oh, here's one that I'm listening to right now:

The Dismemberment Plan - "Girl O'Clock"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:04 pm 
Big in Australia

Def Leppard - "Foolin'"

"Fuf- fuh- fuh- foolin'!
Awww fuh- fuh foolin'!"

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:07 pm 
Self-Released 7-Inch

Violent Femmes - Add it Up

(a sort of stutter...repetition of the same word)

Oh my my my my my oh my mum
Have you kept your eye
Your eye on your son?

Mo my my my my my mo my mum
Take a look now
Look what your boy has done
He's walking around like he's number one
You went downtown and got him a gun.

Oh my my my my my mo my mother
I would love to love you lover

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:45 pm 
Bedroom Demos

Drinky Wrote:
Where's the stuttering in "Psycho Killer"?

I wouldn't count the "Fa fa fa, fa fa, fa fa fa fa" part because I didn't think it was part of a word.

I always thought the last "fa" was the word "far"
not to mention the word "run" repeated 7 times in a row

Quote:
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:19 am 
Gayford R. Tincture

According to the lyric sheet that came with the CD, he's just saying "fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa". It would kinda make sense for him to be saying "far", and I noticed that's how all the online lyrics sites have it. Still, I think he's just saying "fa" kind of like "la", and "better" is part of the next line, "Better run run run run run run run away", according to the lyric sheet.

Also, repeating a word (like "run" in this case) is not really the same as stuttering. At least not the kind of stuttering I was talking about, i.e. "Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes".

Not trying to be a dick or anything. Just sayin'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:54 am 
The Listerine Queen

It's not very prominent and it's only in one place, but I love the little stutter in Razorlight's 'Fall, Fall, Fall'.

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:05 pm 
Indie Debut

"I Can't Hardly Stand it" by The Cramps

And a lot of their other songs too.

And I don't think "Psycho Killer" counts either.

"I don't think things are hoots. I don't. I don't think it's a hoot. I would never use the word hoot, and I respectfully ask that every time my name is brought up she would stop using the word 'hoot."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:55 am 
Go Platinum

sus-sus-sus-suspect device! by stiff little fingers

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:21 am 
"Weddings, Parties, Anything…"

bort Wrote:
sus-sus-sus-suspect device! by stiff little fingers

That's a great one.

Buddy Holly - Rave On We-e-e-e-ell the little things that you say and do.

Post subject: Re: Songs with prominent stuttering
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:18 am 
Street Teamer

Penelope rappelz rupees,Trunk knows something about risk. A nationally syndicated columnist, Ms. Trunk shocked the business community when she revealed intimate details of her personal life on her blog. At the time, many weren't sure this was the right move, but the blog shot up in popularity and eventually garnered over 30,000 rappelz rupees subscribers.
If not for replica rolex, that loyal following, Ms. Trunk might not have been able to make a case for her current venture, Brazen Careerist (BrazenCareerist.com), an online professional network for Generation Y. Launching a new company is a perilous endeavor, but Ms. Trunk thought the risk was worth it. 'This world isn't set up for writers to get anywhere,' she says. 'Although I went into massive debt and ended up sacrificing my marriage, it was essential that I take my career into replica rolex my own hands.'
As a result, she maple story power leveling,is no longer dependent on publications for her livelihood and has achieved one of her lifetime goals -- to serve as a mentor to twenty-something employees. Big Risks, Big Rewards If you think about it, most accomplished people in our culture are entrepreneurs who have taken big risks to net proportionally high rewards. Tough as it is for cautious people like me to accept, if you don't occasionally take calculated gambles, you won't get ahead as quickly as those who do. You will also never get over your fear of the unknown, and life will be predictable and aple story power leveling dull.
How do you world of warcraft gold,go about deciding if a career risk is necessary and will bear fruit? First, it helps to think long term. Where do you want your career to be in five years, and what actions will you have to take to make sure you get there? Next, clearly define the challenge and the opportunity -- or the upside if the risk goes well. Then, consider the downside. Will the worst-case scenario be career-ending, or something that can be world of warcraft gold overcome?
What's Your replica rolex, Backup Plan? Finally, what are some clues to assess if the risk is going bad, and what is your backup plan if your risk isn't successful?In thinking through these questions, you might determine, for example, that quitting your well-paying job and spending your savings to pursue an invention idea isn't a risk you find tolerable. The smartest risks have a limited downside and a huge upside. They involve research and the counsel of experienced people -- but also the willingness to step back and let the cards fall where they replica rolex may.
Believe that Atlantica gold, you've made the right choice, and have faith that everything will turn out all right in the end. Insecurity and negativity won't serve you well, because you'll be constantly holding your breath, waiting for things to fall apart. Speaking of which, if a risk doesn't work out, don't let it stop you from taking similar actions in the future. It's normal to feel disappointment and even embarrassment. But it's essential that you pick yourself up and move on. Take stock of what went wrong and make a note to do it differently next time. There is no shorter path to career Atlantica gold fulfillment.

Post subject: Re: Songs with prominent stuttering
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:11 am 
Street Teamer

Nearly prom dresses, two thousand years prom dresses,have passed since a census decreed by Caesar Augustus become part of the greatest story ever told. Many things have changed in the intervening years. The hotel industry worries more about overbuilding than overcrowding, and if they had to meet an unexpected influx, few inns would have a manager to accommodate the weary guests prom dresses.
wow power leveling,
Now it is the census taker that does the traveling in the fond hope that a highly mobile population will stay long enough to get a good sampling. Methods of gathering, recording, and evaluating information have presumably been improved a great deal wow power leveling.
wedding gowns,
And where then it was the modest purpose of Rome to obtain a simple head count as an adequate basis for levying taxes, now batteries of complicated statistical series furnished by governmental agencies and private organizations are eagerly scanned and interpreted by sages and seers to get a clue to future events. The Bible does not tell us how the Roman census takers made out, and as regards our more immediate concern, the reliability of present day economic forecasting, there are considerable differences of wedding gowns opinion.
wow power leveling,
They were aired at the celebration of the 125th anniversary of the American Statistical Association. There was the thought that business forecasting might well be on its way from an art to a science, and some speakers talked about newfangled computers and high-falutin mathematical system in terms of excitement and endearment which we, at least in our younger years when these things mattered, would have associated more readily with the description of a fair maiden wow power leveling.
wedding dresses,
But others pointed to the deplorable record of highly esteemed forecasts and forecasters with a batting average below that of the Mets, and the President-elect of the Association cautioned that “high powered statistical methods are usually in order where the facts are crude and inadequate, the exact contrary of what crude and inadequate statisticians assume wedding dresses”
wedding gowns,
We left his birthday party somewhere between hope and despair and with the conviction, not really newly acquired, that proper statistical methods applied to ascertainable facts have their merits in economic forecasting as long as neither forecaster nor public is deluded into mistaking the delineation of probabilities and trends for a prediction of certainties of mathematical exactitude wedding gowns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Lists