Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ] 

Board index : Special Needs : Introductions

Post subject: New blood
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:07 pm 
High School Poet

fresh meat for the grinder? Might as well make it official and take advantage of the intro bored since lurking is a trait of the shy and that's not me.

Sorry for the lack of an imaginative moniker, guess it's just easier for me to use the one my parents gave me 40 years ago although most of my friends call me jc. Any derivation up or down is just fine by me. Musically I'm essentially a post punk whore with rampant sythnpop tendencies tempered slightly by a budding indie interest. Aside from a few sacred cows I pretty much enjoy most everything it seems but I'd prefer to live in the now with the major exception being a continued dependency on the 80's.

Not new to the music bb scene as I have been hanging around Rave Recs for ,well, an embarrassingly long time. Of course I notice a few of the denizens from RR here as well. Like them I'm looking for some new blood. Unfortunately for them I may have just watered down the pool a bit.

Looking forward to "meeting" the good folks here, learning and hopefully sharing some love of music.

Regards,
jc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:23 pm 
Troubador

welcome jim! hey, just wondering, how did you get here? this place is a little of the beaten track for any newcomers, unless you were at cmj.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:28 pm 
High School Poet

Northern Soul Wrote:
welcome jim! hey, just wondering, how did you get here? this place is a little of the beaten track for any newcomers, unless you were at cmj.

Thanks man. To answer your question I did pick up on it at CMJ where I was registered, with the best of intentions, but to be honest I found that the actual board was an unuseable nightmare. I piss away enough of my life as it is without dealing with a message board that's anything but user friendly. I mean no disrespect to those who have and continue to post there. It just wasn't for me.

regards,
jc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:44 pm 
Troubador

agreed totally. enjoy your stay!

Post subject: Re: New blood
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:21 pm 
frostingspoon

Jim Clark Wrote:
I'm essentially a post punk whore with rampant sythnpop tendencies tempered slightly by a budding indie interest.

Nice description, JC! And welcome!

BTW - I'm essentially a '70s glam/punk trollop with a jonesing for Stax/Volt-style rhythm'n'blues while in the tertiary stage of indie syphilis

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:32 pm 
Troubador

music is so passe. im into the crack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:04 pm 
frostingspoon

Welcome Jim! Make yourself at home and stay a while.

Profile WWWYIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:34 pm 
High School Poet

Sketch Wrote:
Welcome Jim! Make yourself at home and stay a while.

Think I will (kicks shoes off). Glad I wore the sock w/o holes today.

jc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:35 am 
Self-Released 7-Inch

welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:49 pm 
Self-Released 7-Inch

Hey JC.

I just have one thing to say to you:

GO CYCLONES!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:58 pm 
High School Poet

Stone Wrote:
Hey JC.

I just have one thing to say to you:

GO CYCLONES!!!

Hehe, good thing I put none of my eggs in that basket. The basket is reserved for (drum roll please ........) Basketball!

Kansas football blows. I'll admit to taking some measure of joy when the big mouth Wildcats lost to the Jhawks though.
jc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:46 pm 
Go Platinum

whattup jc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:27 pm 
Queen of Obner

Bienvenue, JC! I'm thinking KC needs more representation -- you KC-ites should have a get together now that there's...what...three of you? :)

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:36 pm 
The Great American Songbook

awesome...welcome aboard. obner continues to prosper

np : blackalicious - blazing arrow

But life was like a dream.
A series of meaningless movement.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:22 pm 
Big in Australia

Hello JC.
Welcome from somebody that has not been able to post as much recently as he used to.

It's a nice buncha folks that gather here. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:38 pm 
The Listerine Queen

Hi, hello and welcome welcome. :)

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:43 pm 
Post-Breakup Solo Project

Greeting & salutations, Jim. What part of KC are you from? I'm in Midtown - corner of Broadway & Armour Blvd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:26 pm 
High School Poet

DiggityDawg Wrote:
Greeting & salutations, Jim. What part of KC are you from? I'm in Midtown - corner of Broadway & Armour Blvd.

Kewl. Used to being the only one from Kansas or Missouri on a music board. I reside in beautiful Lenexa, Ks.

Thanks for the welcome. Maybe well have to have a KC nite down the road? Then again, maybe you already do.

jc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:34 am 
Post-Breakup Solo Project

Actually, no we don't. Heh.

It's kind of a pathetic running joke that the KC people have never really gotten together en masse . I work nites, for one thing. But there's 3 or 4 of us around, & a few others that are from/have lived here.

You ready to see how far Coach Self can take us this season?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:30 pm 
Worldwide Phenomenon

Glad you found us, and your right CMJ needed to be updated so the members took it upon themselves. There were other reasons as well.

If you are looking for a music BB than you might have found the best one on the net, but I might be a bit bias. I have looked around though and haven’t found one that I can relate to as much as this one. For the most part the people on this board really know a thing or two about rock music and I keep learning things all the time. The best thing is, if they can accept my taste in music than they really are tolerant for peoples taste.

Welcome and enjoy your stay. I did not see this post until now because I spend most of my time in the Rock/Pop forum as the majority of us do. We just have new features and old habits die-hard. This will be the reason why you will see a bunch of non-music related post in that forum, just to let you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:17 pm 
High School Poet

DiggityDawg Wrote:
Actually, no we don't. Heh.

It's kind of a pathetic running joke that the KC people have never really gotten together en masse . I work nites, for one thing. But there's 3 or 4 of us around, & a few others that are from/have lived here.

You ready to see how far Coach Self can take us this season?

If last night was any indication, and it wasn't, it's going to be another year of highlights. I graduated from KU in 82 but other than BB don't stay connected too much but of course being in Kansas City there's not too much to consistently cheer other than KU Basketball so that's where the loyalty lies.

I can appreciate the joy of working nights, been there and done that. Still have one shift till 10 PM, although it's not the same. Thanks for the welcome, and I'll see you around.

jc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:21 pm 
High School Poet

Bee.OK Wrote:
Glad you found us, and your right CMJ needed to be updated so the members took it upon themselves. There were other reasons as well.

If you are looking for a music BB than you might have found the best one on the net, but I might be a bit bias. I have looked around though and haven’t found one that I can relate to as much as this one. For the most part the people on this board really know a thing or two about rock music and I keep learning things all the time. The best thing is, if they can accept my taste in music than they really are tolerant for peoples taste.

Welcome and enjoy your stay. I did not see this post until now because I spend most of my time in the Rock/Pop forum as the majority of us do. We just have new features and old habits die-hard. This will be the reason why you will see a bunch of non-music related post in that forum, just to let you know.

I actually didn't expect a slew of replies. Just reading all of the forums when I logged on and saw the standing invitation to noobs to post. Figured what the heck. thanks for the welcome.

jc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:24 pm 
Go Platinum

Welcome JC. Hope you keep on posting. We need all the knowledgeable music geeks we can get. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ] 

Board index : Special Needs : Introductions