Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Special Needs : BB feature suggestions

Post subject: Winger Mark Cueto given Sale Sharks captaincy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:17 am 
High School Poet

coach outlet stores report,New Sale Sharks head coach Pete Anglesea has handed the captaincy to winger Mark Cueto.
England international

Cueto, 31, takes over from James Gaskell, who has been sidelined for two months with an ankle

ligament injury.

"The leadership skills of Mark will be vital to us," said Anglesea, who took over as coach last

week following Mike Brewer's sacking.

"We are looking to Mark to lead the club forward with heart and passion."

Sale are currently languishing third from bottom in the Premiership table, with only three wins

from 10 games.

Cumbria-born Cueto, who notched his 150th league appearance for Sale in their 54-21 defeat by

Leicester Tigers on Monday - Anglesea's first game in charge - follows on from Gaskell, Dave

Seymour, Neil Macleod and Neil Briggs in captaining the side this term.

Anglesea hopes the winger, along with fellow senior players Andrew Sheridan and Chris Jones will

help turn things around for his out-of-form side as they prepare for the visit of Saracens on

Sunday.

"The first thing I did after taking charge was to get the senior players on my side because I

played with most of them. I thought it was important to get them on board," Anglesea added.

The former Sale back-rower is also hopeful of having England fly-half Charlie Hodgson and former

skipper Gaskell available to face second-placed Sarries.
coach shoes
"James Gaskell and Charlie Hodgson will both be training with the squad and I will be looking at

them closely to see if we can select one or both of them in the matchday 23," he added.

"Andrew Sheridan will be back in contention but on the downside we have lost Ben Cohen for a few

weeks with a bad knee injury he picked up at Leicester."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index : Special Needs : BB feature suggestions