Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: A toast to The Bulldogs of Athens, GA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:18 am 
A True Aristocrat of Freedom

[img][368:500]http://www.tecnun.es/cineclub/critica_casifamoso_files/Stillwater.jpg[/img]

and now, we drink a fine, Prince of Darkness Bloody Mary, and ATTEMPT to come to grips with this facking Bourbon based hangover.

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:
LooGAR (the straw that stirs the drink)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:32 am 
Whiskey Tango

The defense was fucking awesome last night. Highly touted Ok St. offense, my ass...

[img][648:648]http://img.fannation.com/images/ap/2007/09/01/21/200709012147784316374-p2-648x648.jpg[/img]

[img][648:648]http://img.fannation.com/images/ap/2007/09/01/21/200709012154788666405-p2-648x648.jpg[/img]

[img][648:648]http://img.fannation.com/images/ap/2007/09/01/21/200709012127772286273-p2-648x648.jpg[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:03 pm 

Also, print it: Knowshon is the next dude to enter the Dogs' Pantheon

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:14 pm 
Whiskey Tango

Knowkshong?

Yeah, dude is awesome. Also, how's about the return of Big Pimpin' Sean Bailey?

And Brandon Miller is this years edition of the dude with the middle name "Rape".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:32 pm 

Yail Bloor Wrote:
Knowkshong?

Yeah, dude is awesome. Also, how's about the return of Big Pimpin' Sean Bailey?

And Brandon Miller is this years edition of the dude with the middle name "Rape".

Yeah, SBailey, the only GA receiver since Hines Ward who can catch more than 3/10 balls. Ninja went buck.

Brandon Miller did seem to be in the middle of EVERY Defensive Play. I hope Teh Bengals draft him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:51 pm 
Hair Trigger of Doom

Don't forget about MaSta. He looked damn good last night.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:05 pm 
Whiskey Tango

F(oley, mat)T Wrote:

Indeed he did though to be honest, I expect nothing less this season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:38 pm 

Yail Bloor Wrote:
F(oley, mat)T Wrote:

Indeed he did though to be honest, I expect nothing less this season.

True Dat. The whole team looked pretty good, except that one drive in Q3 where they got to 3rd and 21. It IS amazing how much easier the ball moves when receivers actually catch the ball.

Also, If I ever meet Robert Smith, I'm gonna shit in his cereal.

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:45 am 
Go Platinum

Yail Bloor Wrote:
The defense was fucking awesome last night. Highly touted Ok St. offense, my ass...

[img][648:648]http://img.fannation.com/images/ap/2007/09/01/21/200709012147784316374-p2-648x648.jpg[/img]

[img][648:648]http://img.fannation.com/images/ap/2007/09/01/21/200709012154788666405-p2-648x648.jpg[/img]

[img][648:648]http://img.fannation.com/images/ap/2007/09/01/21/200709012127772286273-p2-648x648.jpg[/img]

Oklahoma State beat Nebraska last year, so I can't ridicule them much, but they are also a team that perennial hovers around 7-5. Georgia looked good against a Big 12 team, alot better than Auburn did for most of their game versus K-State. Congrats to the Dawgs, although I wouldn't claim this to be a starting point for a BCS run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:04 am 
Go Platinum

I dont know, man. They are one of the few title contenders (with Cal and Tennessee) that opened their season playing a major conference team. Something to be said for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:11 am 
Whiskey Tango

Promethium Wrote:

Oklahoma State beat Nebraska last year, so I can't ridicule them much, but they are also a team that perennial hovers around 7-5. Georgia looked good against a Big 12 team, alot better than Auburn did for most of their game versus K-State. Congrats to the Dawgs, although I wouldn't claim this to be a starting point for a BCS run.

We came in with more questions than answers though on both lines, the backfield and at receiver, Oklahoma State was returning everybody (including one of the best 2-3 wideouts in America) on an offense that ranked 6th in the NATION last year and we held them to 14 points in the game and scoreless in the second half--I'll take it.

I didnt have any illusions about us being a BCS team going into the season and frankly still don't--we are a very young team with a lot of holes. To be completely honest, I only care about winning the SEC these days; everyody knows the BCS is horseshit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:16 am 
Go Platinum

Saint Patrick Wrote:
I dont know, man. They are one of the few title contenders (with Cal and Tennessee) that opened their season playing a major conference team. Something to be said for that.

I'd give them a little more respect if they had travelled away from between the Hedges to play the Cowboys. I don't think the results would have been any different, since Mark Richt is unbelievably successful against non-conference opponents, I'm just saying that UFA is one of those teams that doesn't make alot of non-conference road trips.
Nebraska isn't one either, but atleast we have made a yearly trip to some place like Happy Valley, USC or Notre Dame recently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:39 pm 
Indie Debut

Promethium Wrote:
Saint Patrick Wrote:

I'd give them a little more respect if they had travelled away from between the Hedges to play the Cowboys. I don't think the results would have been any different, since Mark Richt is unbelievably successful against non-conference opponents, I'm just saying that UFA is one of those teams that doesn't make alot of non-conference road trips.
Nebraska isn't one either, but atleast we have made a yearly trip to some place like Happy Valley, USC or Notre Dame recently.

This was the first leg of a home and home. The Dawgs will be returning the favor in 2009 when they travel to Stillwater. Same deal in 2010 when they head to Boulder, CO. Oh, and they travel to Arizona State next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:02 pm 
frostingspoon

Hey stranger...

Profile WWWYIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:10 pm 

Pagoda Wrote:
Promethium Wrote:
Saint Patrick Wrote:

This was the first leg of a home and home. The Dawgs will be returning the favor in 2009 when they travel to Stillwater. Same deal in 2010 when they head to Boulder, CO. Oh, and they travel to Arizona State next year.

But it is something crazy, like 30 years or more, since UGA has played out of conference West of the Mississip. (I think I heard this on Finebaum, as they were discussing the above-noted scheduling)

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:01 pm 
KILLFILED

Saint Patrick Wrote:

Cough, Wisconsin, cough.

Wash St is Pac-10 (same as Az St, a scheduling for which the kings of crunk are giving their boys a lot of credit... & after Dennis Erickson's boys undress the Bulldogs, they'll be ruing that scheduling, too).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:15 pm 

Also, has anyone heard from Derris, or is he in the Athens Morgue?

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:27 am 
frostingspoon

was REALLY pissed to miss this game, but this was the night I had won Sox tickets for, back in May. So I got to see Buchholz's no-hitter, which was facking awesome.

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:43 am 
frostingspoon

Nice, Kyle.

Profile WWWYIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:15 am 
Smoke

Sen. Wm. Zanzinger LooGAR Wrote:
Also, has anyone heard from Derris, or is he in the Athens Morgue?

I made it out alive and well. Another glorious day in God's country. We had a nice breeze all damn day and the sun really didn't come out until about an hour before kick off. I broke out some Ladder Golf and it was the hit of the day.

A couple of observations.........Beer Pong is apparently the drinking game of choice on campus these days. I saw no less than 7 games going on at different tailgates during the day and I"m talking professionally painted tables.

Also, couldn't be happier that the little baby doll dress has come into fashion as the co-eds were wearing it everywhere.

The loudest cheers of the day while tailgating were when App State beat Michigan. Any place that had a TV going there were huge cheers and the news spread like wildfire. Hearing about that definitely got me more focused on the game.

Awesome day, great showing by the Dawgs. I know all our youngsters aren't going to play like they did every game but for now I feel good about things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:57 am 
frostingspoon

Quote:
Beer Pong is apparently the drinking game of choice on campus these days. I saw no less than 7 games going on at different tailgates during the day and I"m talking professionally painted tables.

Real pong with paddles or the ball-throwing thing (aka Beirut)?

Glad you had a solid time, Benj.

Profile WWWYIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:14 am 
Smoke

Sketch Wrote:
Quote:
Beer Pong is apparently the drinking game of choice on campus these days. I saw no less than 7 games going on at different tailgates during the day and I"m talking professionally painted tables.

Yeah man, football, music, food, friends, and a shitload of alcohol. What's not to like?

Yeah it's the ball-throwing game. I don't think I've ever actually played it but I was aware of it but not how popular it is. I'm just now coming around to Flip Cup. These people had tables painted with the Georgia logos on em and shit.

These were obviously students that had a lot of time on their hands. Then again, the people that had a table near us hauled in a leather Lazy Boy and a matching leather love seat for their tailgate. It was impressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:17 am 

Rick Derris Wrote:
Sketch Wrote:
Quote:

Yeah man, football, music, food, friends, and a shitload of alcohol. What's not to like?

Yeah it's the ball-throwing game. I don't think I've ever actually played it but I was aware of it but not how popular it is. I'm just now coming around to Flip Cup. These people had tables painted with the Georgia logos on em and shit.

These were obviously students that had a lot of time on their hands. Then again, the people that had a table near us hauled in a leather Lazy Boy and a matching leather love seat for their tailgate. It was impressive.

I first encountered this at parties with my cousins in NJ, and it was hugely popular when I was in NH (they had the painted tables, etc) It's a corrosive Northern influence that should be stomped out, IMO. I never needed a goddamn excuse to guzzle beer ;)

Leather Lazy Boy and Love Seat, etc, just goes to show you how much fucking money is running around that town these days. (HOPE + consistent economic growth, all the other lasting effects of HOPE, etc) I find it an interesting sociological phenomenon.

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:23 am 
Post-Breakup Solo Project

That beer pong is EVERYWHERE on game days up here. But I haven't seen the professional looking tables just yet.

Looks like I'm making the trip down for the Auburn stomping so I'll have to check them out then. And then promptly set one on fire.

By the way, thanks for the mixes Derris. I didn't get a chance to really listen closely because we ended up with way more folks over at the house than we thought and it was a bit crazy. But I'll get to them for sure this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:26 am 
frostingspoon

Rick Derris Wrote:

Yeah, it was pretty popular at PSU back in the day (we had fraternity colors on our house table). I always prefer actual table tennis paddles with two half-filled cup on each side. If your cups hit and you lost the point, it's a drink. If you spill or the ball lands in the cup, it's a chug. Good times.

Profile WWWYIM 

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next