Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:39 pm 
frostingspoon

dude that sox win was awesome.

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:55 pm 
Smoke

discostu Wrote:
42 - 30.

There were high fives, group hugs and beer chugs.

http://projects.ajc.com/gallery/view/sp ... ab_newstab

So fucking awesome. It really doesn't take much to make me happy. Just win this game once in a while. We had a group of about 15 watching at the new Taco Mac on Piedmont. GREAT place to catch a game especially since it was 90% UGA fans. By the time it was over we had spilled at least 3 pitchers, knocked over chairs dozens of times, and had one person take their shirt off in the bar screaming obscenities about Tebow and Urban Meyer. (Loog-- it was Jess D.) Great time.

Alas, this all sets up perfectly for Auburn to break our hearts. Painful fact of the day:

UGA hasn't beaten Florida and Auburn in the same year since 1982.

We need to come back to earth in a hurry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:57 pm 
A True Aristocrat of Freedom

Rick Derris Wrote:
discostu Wrote:
42 - 30.
By the time it was over we had spilled at least 3 pitchers, knocked over chairs dozens of times, and had one person take their shirt off in the bar screaming obscenities about Tebow and Urban Meyer. (Loog-- it was Jess D.) Great time.

Damn, that's awesome. And yeah, remember 1997? Same shee, with GARburn, Derris.

my take can be found here

http://eggnoodlesandketchup.blogspot.com/

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:
LooGAR (the straw that stirs the drink)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:16 pm 
Smoke

Senator KNOWshon MORENgar Wrote:

Nice take. Glad to be proven wrong skag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:02 pm 
frostingspoon

http://projects.ajc.com/gallery/view/sp ... ab_newstab#homepage_tab_newstab

Glory, glory hallelujah!

It was good seeing Ol' GAR, Rick Derris, if only for 30 minutes at Roadhouse. And you were right, I ate a big meal from DePalma's, had a glass of red wine, called a few people (including you) to see if anyone was still out, but I got no answers. I was in bed and asleep at 11:30pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:17 pm 
Smoke

discostu Wrote:
http://projects.ajc.com/gallery/view/sports/uga/ugabeatsauburn/#homepage_tab_newstab#homepage_tab_newstab

Glory, glory hallelujah!

It was good seeing Ol' GAR, Rick Derris, if only for 30 minutes at Roadhouse. And you were right, I ate a big meal from DePalma's, had a glass of red wine, called a few people (including you) to see if anyone was still out, but I got no answers. I was in bed and asleep at 11:30pm.

Yeah man, we had a semi-sober driver who was offering to take us to the house all the way out by the mall. We couldn't turn it down because the last time we tried that (after the USC game) we had a dozen cabs turns us down at 2am. They refused to take us out there because it wasn't cost effective. Besides, after a couple more liquor drinks we were getting to incoherent levels. It was the smart play.

Great fucking day though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:19 pm 
frostingspoon

Rick Derris Wrote:
discostu Wrote:
http://projects.ajc.com/gallery/view/sports/uga/ugabeatsauburn/#homepage_tab_newstab#homepage_tab_newstab

Glory, glory hallelujah!

Yeah man, we had a semi-sober driver who was offering to take us to the house all the way out by the mall. We couldn't turn it down because the last time we tried that (after the USC game) we had a dozen cabs turns us down at 2am. They refused to take us out there because it wasn't cost effective. Besides, after a couple more liquor drinks we were getting to incoherent levels. It was the smart play.

Did Clint make it out alive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:21 pm 

Damn Derris, I was making bets with Bloor that you and ol Super-Bro-Bro were still awake at 830EST on Sunday morning ;)

I had a fine time sitting in my dad's den, watching this on the big screen and taking phone calls as they came, but man I wish I could have been there.

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:23 pm 
Smoke

discostu Wrote:
Rick Derris Wrote:
discostu Wrote:

Glory, glory hallelujah!

Did Clint make it out alive?

hahaha. Dude was GARBAGE drunk. We tried to convince him to come with us but he was having none of it. He was so drunk he tried to trick us to leave him alone. We were in the back alley behind Roadhouse and he said if we could find him a cigarette he'd come with us. We went to find him one and he ran away.

He found a cab around midnight and did he take it all the way home? No, he takes it to Waffle House out by the Home Depot. We ended up having to go get him. So GAR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:30 pm 
frostingspoon

Sen. DwayneChapman LooGAR Wrote:
man I wish I could have been there.

I hadn't been to a Sanford game since 2005 and this game was the best Sanford experience since our 2000 win over UT. It was noisy there was team solidarity and I nearly lost my voice yelling at those terrible refs.

Last edited by discostu on Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:31 pm 

discostu Wrote:

I hadn't been to a Sanford game since 2005 and this game was the best Sanford experience since our 2000 win over UT.

My solace, as I think I posted in the College Football Thread is that The Dawgs beat all 3 D-1 schools in Alabama, so pretty much anyone that even talks to me I say "How bout Them Dawgs?"

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:33 pm 
frostingspoon

discostu Wrote:

I hadn't been to a Sanford game since 2005 and this game was the best Sanford experience since our 2000 win over UT.

My solace, as I think I posted in the College Football Thread is that The Dawgs beat all 3 D-1 schools in Alabama, so pretty much anyone that even talks to me I say "How bout Them Dawgs?"

Haha. Nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:27 pm 
frostingspoon

Go Bearcats!
Beat West Virginia!

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:52 pm 
Whiskey Tango

timmyjoe42 Wrote:
Go Bearcats!
Beat West Virginia!

Post horseshit like this in this thread again and I'll ban you for a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:02 pm 
frostingspoon

So I went to Athens after my conference wrapped up, Saturday. Derris, I tailgaited w/ Busty et al, because there were some old friends i hadn't seen in a LONG time, and they were on North Campus... not close enough to walk, really. Sorry Derris. For reals - I wanted to hang out.

1. Why drink the same shitty beer I can find up north?
[img][375:500]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3870/dscn0890zq4.jpg[/img]

2. Some ballers.

3. "I'm toasting people too much, aren't I? You gotta make me stop toasting people. Srsly dude. Ah FUCK" (-Busty falls over)

4. "I'm all right." (Busty gets up)
[img][375:500]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5210/dscn0894mz3.jpg[/img]

...things continued down this path for the duration of the afternoon / early evening, with Busty eventually talking me into disappearing with him to another bar away from everybody else. Then, they find us, get pissed at him, and he leaves. He is WAAAY too drunk to be off on his own, and I begin to get worried. Finally we get a text message that says he's made it back to the hotel and is asleep. The hotel was not close - I guess he cabbed it? Then I'm stuck with two old friends, as they and they alone know where the hotel is (and have a key). They insist on going to a strip club. I recall wiping boobysweat off my glasses, and thinking that I still don't really like strip clubs. Finally I took us all back to the hotel, only to discover that it's 6 people to a small room, someone's snoring already, and they's no mo pillows. So I slept in my rental car. But it was about 35 degrees out, so everyfew hours I had to wake up, start the car, blast the heat, and then sleep again. One of those times I passed out with the car running, and was woken up by a flashlight tapping on the glass - no idea who that was - but it was a million degrees in there, so it must've been awhile. Up at about 9, brushed my teeth in a McDonalds parking lot, drove to the airport, got on a plane, and stumbled home by 5. GO DAWGS!

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:13 pm 
Smoke

YA'LL WERE FUCKING THERE???????

Jesus christ dude. A simple phone call would've been awesome.

Our tailgate got overrun by 70-80 frat boys who had one 10 x 10 tent and expected that to be enough real estate for all of them. They had a huge sound system and were blaring the worst music of all time It was a losing battle so we packed all our shit away, grabbed our beer and headed to the Tate Center to tailgate.

If I'd have known ya'll were there I would've just told people to go up there. There was only 5 of us.

At the very least I could've met up with ya'll for a beer post-game.

Ya'll are fucking dead to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:43 pm 
frostingspoon

Busty and Squirrgs,

I was on North Campus (against the fence lining Broad for about an hour Saturday). Spent most of the afternoon at the Chi Phi frontlawn watching 3/5 of Drive-By Truckers (Patterson/Brad/John) tear it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:39 pm 
frostingspoon

Rick Derris Wrote:
YA'LL WERE FUCKING THERE???????

Jesus christ dude. A simple phone call would've been awesome.

Our tailgate got overrun by 70-80 frat boys who had one 10 x 10 tent and expected that to be enough real estate for all of them. They had a huge sound system and were blaring the worst music of all time It was a losing battle so we packed all our shit away, grabbed our beer and headed to the Tate Center to tailgate.

If I'd have known ya'll were there I would've just told people to go up there. There was only 5 of us.

At the very least I could've met up with ya'll for a beer post-game.

Ya'll are fucking dead to me.

Busty and co. rolled into town Friday evening, I came in Saturday at about 1. We were with our old roomates, guys I haven't seen in years in most cases. I sorta thought Busty had talked to you, but I should've followed up. Either way, I was picturing you way down by the Space Center, whooping it up, and what did little ol Squirrgle have to add to that mix? Then I got busy lookin' after my boy Busty, which became a fulltime job.

Oh and First Mate knew you'd say this, and told me to tell you the following:

"Three words: Christmas. No. Show."

don't shoot the messenger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:54 pm 
frostingspoon

Yail Bloor Wrote:
timmyjoe42 Wrote:
Go Bearcats!
Beat West Virginia!

Post horseshit like this in this thread again and I'll ban you for a week.

I have the faith!

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:01 pm 
frostingspoon

5. "If y'all are gonna give me a ticket, I'm just gonna finish it anyway." - drunk chick being ticketed for open container, who then tried to chug said container, and had it taken and dumped out by this cop. (note foam on ground)
[img][375:500]http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4114/dscn0906bj5.jpg[/img]

6. For Dalen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:18 pm 
Post-Breakup Solo Project

Okay here's my version of this story:

Had every intention of hooking up with you at some point Derris. Seriously. But literally as soon as I walked up to the tailgate spot, my fucking phone died. And that was it the rest of the day. I kind of remembered where you guys were but there was now way I was gonna walk all the way there and I honestly thought we'd all see each other somewhere after the game.

Well it turns out that I could've seen you, toasted you (which was my move of the day I guess), had a five hour discussion with you, pissed you off and became close friends with you all over again after the game and I would have no fucking clue because apparently I drank like I just enrolled at UGA that day. Actually now that I think about it, I ATE like I used to eat when I lvied there, which was one hot dog. That's it, that's what I ate, all day. At least that I can remember. I literally do not remember a single thing after the game except a little bit of my walk back to the Hampton in at the intersection of Broad and Alps. So whenever the game ended, until like 11, 11:30pm, NOTHING.

Sorry we didn't meet up. I was told that I was asleep and snoring hardcore by the time Kyle showed up to the hotel.

Yeah I was asked why I wanted to go to The Loft with you Kyle but I really have no idea. I also was told that you were dancing up a STORM with MJ though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:35 pm 
frostingspoon

Busty,

You WALKED from Sanford to Broad & Alps? Granted it's only 2.5miles, but still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:37 pm 
Post-Breakup Solo Project

discostu Wrote:
Busty,

You WALKED from Sanford to Broad & Alps? Granted it's only 2.5miles, but still.

I walked from down town to there. Actually I got about a 1/4 mile away and a black couple picked me up, from what I'm told. I do remember hitchhiking, a little.

phew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:54 pm 
Whiskey Tango

Cap'n Squirrgle Wrote:
6. For Dalen:

That's Nicky 6's bar, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:05 pm 
frostingspoon

dude MJ was on me like zero's on the Nimitz. "Come dance with me!!" And you KNOW I don't fucking dance... but when "dancing" is just sex with your clothes on... well it's not that difficult. I had a wtf moment the next day, somewhere en route to the airport, where I replayed the tape in my head. I did WHATNOW?! wWell, that and Toppers. Wish you'da been there Busty. And I'm just really glad you got back ok - I was frankly pretty damn scared for your safety. Yall were Beer-tarded.

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next