Board index : Music Talk : The Mix

Post subject: Continuous Noise/Drone/Folk/Free Mix
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:19 am 
"Weddings, Parties, Anything…"

I unfortunately didn't pay that close of attention to what I was putting on while I mixed this, and to be honest am too lazy to go back and seperate tracks, do any leveling, etc...So 58 minutes straight of stuff I like and that I put on my headphones and spin when the day has gone not so well. Though like I said, I didn't pay that much attention to tracks I was putting on here is a rough order of artists from what I can remember:

Black Forest/Black Sea
Christina Carter
Grouper
Hototogisu
Pocahaunted
Zaimph (I think)
Yellow Swans
Eli Keszler
Burning Star Core
Six Organs of Admittance (was getting something to drink when I realized I needed to being this in, so it's rather abrupt, which is unfortunate as it followed that BxC really well, in cue, oh well)
Charalambides
Peter Broderick
Kevin Drumm
James Blackshaw
Menstrual Chinese Dream
Badgerlore
Enema Syringe
Pan Sonic
Prurient
(I have no idea what this part is, some random CD-R I have, it's not bad though)
Jason Crumer
Jack Rose (this mixes in and out terribly, my apologies)
Ashtray Navigations
Festival (this record (Come Arrow Come) is getting nowhere near enough love for some reason)
John Wiese (abrupt stop as hit storage limit).

Also, random bits of me messing around with synths, pedals, found tapes, and what not interspersed (Not sure if I used that word correctly) throughout here. Not happy with the way Six Organs, Jack Rose, and Festival fit in, but I really wanted to listen to them at that exact moment so kind of threw them in half-assedly. Like the way most of the PE/drone/noise stuff mixed together for the most part though.

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t0imixcclnb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:52 am 
"Weddings, Parties, Anything…"

I relistened to this and decided that it really is quite horrible. Tried another one tonight, and I am really struggling using software based mixers. My hands don't like them.

Anyways, I will use this thread here real quick (not only to apologize for posting a really bad mix), but also to point out how unfortunate it is that this turned out badly as this new Peter Broderick is unbelievable. Everything that was hinted at on his first couple of records has come to fruition on this (Float). My choice for ambient record of the year (maybe of the decade thus far), and a pretty strong contender against Blackshaw for my favorite overall of the year thus far.

Board index : Music Talk : The Mix