Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Reviews

Post subject: Quick Review - Sondre Lerche
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:22 am 
Post-Breakup Solo Project

Figure I'd give this forum a boost by posting some of the stuff I write for the school paper...before they edit the hell outta it and zap my writing of any character that it had.

Sondre Lerche & The Faces Down – Phantom Punch 3.5 out of 5 stars

So some of you may remember the last Sondre Lerche album I reviewed for the dear old Signal: It was an album with a jazz/lounge type feel that seemed like a natural progression for the young Norwegian singer-songwriter. After all, Lerche is one of the biggest proponents of jazz chords in popular music this decade. Needless to say, many people I played the record for didn’t seem to like it so much, as expected due to its jazz/lounge stylings.
Well you can forget about most of that this year. Lerche has come firing back with a powerful new record that is zero jazz and a whole lot of rock. Oh the jazz chords are still there, but now there’s less of them and the amps have all been turned up to eleven (Spinal Tap reference). Some out there, looking back on his previous works, might question the young viking’s (he’s only 24 years old) ability to adequately craft a true rock and roll type album. But the record jumps quickly out of the gate with a harder sound both on the instrumentation and the lyrical delivery. Recorded with the same band as his last album, the two records are the perfect antithesis to each other; only this one is certainly the more fun and engaging of the two. From top to bottom a fine rock album from a fairly unlikely source.

http://www.strikerbill.com Check it out hombre.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Quick Review - Sondre Lerche
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:36 am 
Street Teamer

nice, you do a good work

Cartier Earrings

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index : Music Talk : Reviews