Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:46 pm 
frostingspoon

Good showing on Saturday. I knew my boy Knowshon would impress. I'm *hoping* we can be consistently as good as we were on Sat., but the hallmark of UGA football has been game-to-game inconsistency.

I like Mike Bobo's playcalling and there seemed to be the team cohesion we've been missing the last few years. Stacey Searles got some good action out of our young OL.

I'm ready for Spurrier this coming weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:00 pm 
frostingspoon

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:08 pm 
A True Aristocrat of Freedom

By CARTER STRICKLAND
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 09/04/07

Athens — Georgia coach Mark Richt, who has coached two Heisman Trophy winners (Chris Weinke and Charlie Ward, both at Florida State) and 11 quarterbacks who reached the NFL, says he may have has found the best quarterback of them all in Matthew Stafford.

"He is the most talented guy overall I have been able to coach," Richt said of his starting quarterback. "Will he be a success as a winner? Only time will tell. He has got all the things that you want as a quarterback. ...

"He has everything you need to win now. He has just got to win to define himself as a great one."

The sophomore has won the last four games he started, three of those against ranked opponents. But it was his last game, last Saturday against Oklahoma State, that Richt said might have been Stafford's best.

"I thought that was the best game of his career last week — top to bottom," Richt said. "The Auburn game [14 of 20, 219 yards, 1 TD in a 37-15 win last season] was a good game but it seemed like everything kind of went right [vs. Oklahoma State]. I don't think he had to make a lot of decisions in that game ... whether to throw it away or take a sack. Most of the time when he dropped back somebody was open."

Against OSU, Stafford only threw the ball downfield a handful of times. He finished 18 of 24 for 234 yards with two touchdowns. Richt said that very easily could have been 300 yards with an 85 percent completion rate. But he wasn't complaining, especially since there were no turnovers.

"There were definitely some times where I probably could have chunked them up there and I didn't," Stafford said. "I just tried to hit checkdowns. It made it easy on me, I guess. You can be aggressive. You just have got to pick your shot. Trying to force something gets us in trouble. We did a good job of staying patient."

In his last four games Stafford has 757 passing yards, five touchdowns, an interception and is completing the ball at a 61 percent clip.

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:
LooGAR (the straw that stirs the drink)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:14 pm 
frostingspoon

And dude's a sophomore. Impressed.

Profile WWWYIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:15 pm 
frostingspoon

News from Bloor: Official Dawgs headquarters in Boston is Clery's, a bar neuroboy and I just walked to the other day, about 10 minutes from the house. Hallefuckinlujah.

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:27 pm 

Cap'n Squirrgle Wrote:
News from Bloor: Official Dawgs headquarters in Boston is Clery's, a bar neuroboy and I just walked to the other day, about 10 minutes from the house. Hallefuckinlujah.

The Boston Bulldog Club seems pretty active. I actually am still on their email list from the stint I did in NH -- never got down for a game, because at the time i didn't know anyone down there, and never wanted to spring for a hotel or drive back to Portsmouth.

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:29 pm 
frostingspoon

yeah the thought of waltzing down there for games and then stumbling home warms the cockles of my heart.

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:30 am 
frostingspoon

:nono:

I fucking HATE spurrier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:10 am 

Cap'n Squirrgle Wrote:
:nono:

I fucking HATE spurrier.

The bed was shit, but we never quit. Let's start raising bail money for Derris RIGHT NOW

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:52 am 
frostingspoon

south florida. jesus the big east is looking tough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:14 am 
Hair Trigger of Doom

MaSta was definitely a slave to the Gamecock defense last night, but I still think UGA will be OK. If you're going to lose, best to do it early in the season (check), in a close game (check) against a tough opponent (check). You guys are in a MUCH better situation this morning than Auburn.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:39 am 

F(oley, mat)T Wrote:
MaSta was definitely a slave to the Gamecock defense last night, but I still think UGA will be OK. If you're going to lose, best to do it early in the season (check), in a close game (check) against a tough opponent (check). You guys are in a MUCH better situation this morning than Auburn.

Man, the lack of coherent offensive strategy was a killer. That, and people not catching the ball. Knowshon is a bad man, though. If Stafford hits him solid on that wheel route to open the first drive of teh second half, we have a whole different ball game.

When we kicked that field goal with 4 minutes left, I said to Femgar, my sister and Not A Major! "Play Pussy, Get Fucked." I know its the "smart play," but the fact that we couldn't get in the end zone all fucking night was underscored then, and at the end. I'd've rather died with our boots on.

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:16 pm 
Go Platinum

Lets just agree that the SEC is probably a two team league this year, and that the PAC-10 might actually be a better conference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:48 pm 
Go Platinum

It's still early but jesus LSU's defense was scary. 2 games and no opposing qb has finished yet.

I tried to find somebody of that sort that I could like that nobody else did - because everybody would adopt his group, and his group would be _it_; someone weird like Captain Beefheart. It's no different now - people trying to outdo ! each other in extremes. There are people who like X, and there are people who say X are wimps; they like Black Flag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:15 pm 
Go Platinum

I think the scariest stat so far has been that the catholics have rushed for -8 yards in two games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:23 pm 
Go Platinum

598 total yards against the nation's top defense.

I tried to find somebody of that sort that I could like that nobody else did - because everybody would adopt his group, and his group would be _it_; someone weird like Captain Beefheart. It's no different now - people trying to outdo ! each other in extremes. There are people who like X, and there are people who say X are wimps; they like Black Flag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:30 pm 
Go Platinum

Kingfish Wrote:
598 total yards against the nation's top defense.

Im sorry, but LSU is (and was) the nations top defense.

Actually, Oklahoma might give LSU a run for its money. I would pay to see that game right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:55 pm 
Whiskey Tango

I only saw bits and pieces of the game because I was at some horseshit wedding (the bride at one point discovered a group of us huddled around the TV in the bar monitoring the situation and wasn't too happy but fuck it--if you schedule your wedding during a game you get what you get) so I'll have to watch the replay On Demand and try and get a better grip on just what went wrong. From what I saw though I definitely agree with this sentiment:

Sen. Vernie Coles LooGAR Wrote:
When we kicked that field goal with 4 minutes left, I said to Femgar, my sister and Not A Major! "Play Pussy, Get Fucked." I know its the "smart play," but the fact that we couldn't get in the end zone all fucking night was underscored then, and at the end. I'd've rather died with our boots on.

No fucking faith in the receivers, bro.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:12 pm 
Go Platinum

On top of having Va Tech, Fla, and Auburn at home, we also have South Caroline. That game is alot more exciting now that they'll probably be undeafeted when we play. This is probably the best slate of home games I've been attending games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:26 pm 

Yail Bloor Wrote:
I only saw bits and pieces of the game because I was at some horseshit wedding (the bride at one point discovered a group of us huddled around the TV in the bar monitoring the situation and wasn't too happy but fuck it--if you schedule your wedding during a game you get what you get) so I'll have to watch the replay On Demand and try and get a better grip on just what went wrong. From what I saw though I definitely agree with this sentiment:

No fucking faith in the receivers, bro.
[/quote]

Yeah, I know, man. Another conundrum for me was why they even gave Brown reps. They had nothing going on between the tackles, and those twins Rufus and Loomis or whatever, were keyed on the middle -- but when they went student body right or left, or moved Knowshon around, he came the fuck through. Staff looked uneven, but you can see he has the talent.

I think that's the worst part about this one: We have the talent, but just couldn't pull it all together.

Fuck, I can't believe y'all had to miss the game because of Fatty-Fat-Fat-Fat's marriage to Debo. I woulda rocked him in the face.

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:33 pm 
Whiskey Tango

Sen. Black Oak GARkansas Wrote:
Yail Bloor Wrote:

No fucking faith in the receivers, bro.

Yeah, I know, man. Another conundrum for me was why they even gave Brown reps. They had nothing going on between the tackles, and those twins Rufus and Loomis or whatever, were keyed on the middle -- but when they went student body right or left, or moved Knowshon around, he came the fuck through. Staff looked uneven, but you can see he has the talent.

I think that's the worst part about this one: We have the talent, but just couldn't pull it all together.

Fuck, I can't believe y'all had to miss the game because of Fatty-Fat-Fat-Fat's marriage to Debo. I woulda rocked him in the face.

Among many good lines I had:

Garson: (on phone with his wife) Hey Krauth, where are they going on their honeymoon?

Me: Fire Island.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:11 am 
frostingspoon

Text exchange w/ Busty during 4th quarter:

Me - "I'm scared."

Busty -"I'm at FAAAATY FAT's wedding. YOU'RE scared?"

Me - "We're losing to Spurrier and she's marrying a gay guy. Nobody wins."

Last edited by Cap'n Squirrgle on Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:38 am 
Go Platinum

Yail Bloor Wrote:
I only saw bits and pieces of the game because I was at some horseshit wedding (the bride at one point discovered a group of us huddled around the TV in the bar monitoring the situation and wasn't too happy but fuck it--if you schedule your wedding during a game you get what you get)

you know, i was just thinking about it and i don't think i've ever been to a wedding between labor day and thanksgiving. i guess my friends know what's up and that a situation like that (huddling around a tv) would be inevitable. (although, i was at a wedding last year on final four saturday. what were they thinking!? there wasn't even a tv in the building.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:24 am 
Whiskey Tango

Z Wrote:
Yail Bloor Wrote:
I only saw bits and pieces of the game because I was at some horseshit wedding (the bride at one point discovered a group of us huddled around the TV in the bar monitoring the situation and wasn't too happy but fuck it--if you schedule your wedding during a game you get what you get)

you know, i was just thinking about it and i don't think i've ever been to a wedding between labor day and thanksgiving. i guess my friends know what's up and that a situation like that (huddling around a tv) would be inevitable. (although, i was at a wedding last year on final four saturday. what were they thinking!? there wasn't even a tv in the building.)

My wedding is on Georgia's off weekend--basically the only way that we could have a Fall wedding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:41 am 
frostingspoon

Z Wrote:
(although, i was at a wedding last year on final four saturday. what were they thinking!? there wasn't even a tv in the building.)

Something along the lines of "I don't care about sports, and it's my wedding. Fuck you."

Yeah, Fall's always rough. I remember missing Penn State-Miami '99 because I was a groomsmen. Groom was a Colorado State alum, and it was their off-weekend, so he didn't give a fuck.

Profile WWWYIM 

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next