Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:06 pm 
frostingspoon

Yail Bloor Wrote:
Cap'n Squirrgle Wrote:
6. For Dalen:

That's Nicky 6's bar, right?

yeah. He kept slurping on MJ's drink every time he walked by. What a fucking rock star that kid turned out to be... fighting the poontang off with a stick unless mine eyes deceived me.

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:20 pm 
frostingspoon

Busty Wrote:
...because apparently I drank like I just enrolled at UGA that day.

this was too good not to post too, sorry Bust. I swear I wasn't stalking you with the camera, but you were fucking FUNNY.

This was at the Georgia Bar, during the game. Busty's reaction to this girl's story:

INTRO

BUILDUP

CRESCENDO

aaand HI-FIVE RESOLUTION

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:56 pm 
A True Aristocrat of Freedom

Got of there in a squeaker. Defensive battle. Georgia looked from the first play that they might roll it on up. Then a fumble on the 3rd play and a few more turnovers, and they have to battle for a TD to make it 10-7 UK at the half.

Came out BUCK in the second half, score 2 TDs, hold them to a FG and get a win on Senior Day. 6-2 in the SEC, and we just need a little help to get to the SEC championship.

GOOOOOOOOO DAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWGGGGGGGSSSS!!!!

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:
LooGAR (the straw that stirs the drink)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:05 pm 
Whiskey Tango

That blocked punt was the game changer.

Also, Vandy is leady Tennessee right now. Go Commodores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:36 pm 
frostingspoon

NLU is leading Alabama.

GO CHARLIE WEATHERBIE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:37 pm 
frostingspoon

NLU WINS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:37 pm 
frostingspoon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:39 pm 
frostingspoon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:45 pm 

Vandy lost, and LA-MO beat Alabama. Saint Saban can Suck my Scrotum.

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:48 pm 
Whiskey Tango

Damn. That Alabama situation is pretty bad. Oh well.

Also, way to finish the fucking drill Vandy--Tennessee wins 25-24.

Now UGA needs Kentucky to beat Tennessee next week in order to make the SEC Championship Game.

I smell the Outback Bowl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:53 pm 

Yail Bloor Wrote:
Damn. That Alabama situation is pretty bad. Oh well.

Also, way to finish the fucking drill Vandy--Tennessee wins 25-24.

Now UGA needs Kentucky to beat Tennessee next week in order to make the SEC Championship Game.

I smell the Outback Bowl.

You know, in some ways I see this helping us. It let's everybody on the team know that it takes perfection to win the SEC, and to have a shot at the National Title. Early stumbles, or coming out flat ONCE fuck you, and they fuck you nice and hard.

As for Bama, obviously I have a newfound stake in their program, but maybe all of this "We're Back" and especially, vis-a-vis ME, "Saban's a better coach than Richt" BS will come to a full stop.

Also, I will be the most hated person up at the statehouse next year, what with all the shee I talk about beating every Bama school we played.

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:44 am 
Hair Trigger of Doom

saban lol

and

knowshon heisman '08

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:55 am 
frostingspoon

mods deleting posts is lame

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:14 am 
Whiskey Tango

timmyjoe42 Wrote:

I warned you to keep your Bearcats talk out of this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:14 am 
frostingspoon

LAME

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:20 am 
Hair Trigger of Doom

also, duke must REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY suck

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:21 am 
Hair Trigger of Doom

AND lloyd carr lol (both today and entire career)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:25 am 
Go Platinum

what kind of douchebag deletes a post anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:38 am 
frostingspoon

Yail Bloor Wrote:
timmyjoe42 Wrote:

I warned you to keep your Bearcats talk out of this thread.

AWESOME.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:29 pm 

Ben Bridwell from Band of Horses had had had Wrote:
Favorite TV Show at the Moment

Hard to say, because I'm not sure if a football team counts as a TV show, but when the University of Georgia Bulldogs are playing on Saturdays or whatever, that's my favorite show that could possibly be on television. Tomorrow versus Tennessee at 3:30 eastern!

Pitchfork: Well, the Vols being my home team, I guess I'll have to watch that.

Go Dogs! Fuckin' hell. Let the big dog eat!

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:49 pm 
frostingspoon

I may need to edit my post saying his record is MEGA-MEH and promote it to just plain "MEH" after reading this.

And fellas, after mid-season, who would've thought we'd end up #4 in the country with a remote chance to play for the National Championship. I thought we'd be at 4 losses right now.

Like Derris says, "Keep the faith".

GO DAWGS!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:01 pm 
Go Platinum

thats true. and who would have thought that you would be one blocked kentucky field goal away from the SEC championship, which would have probably vaulted you over ohio state, in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:35 pm 
frostingspoon

stu's buddy Eric Wrote:
There wasn’t much to analyze about the 2008 Sugar Bowl. As was the case in Missouri’s Cotton Bowl crushing of Arkansas and USC’s Rose Bowl rout of Illinois, Georgia humiliated Hawaii for one simple reason: a mighty favorite played with hunger instead of complaining about a perceived injustice. Yeah, Mark Richt’s Bulldogs wanted to play USC in the Rose Bowl (as did all of America), but when given the WAC champions as their opponent, the boys from Athens didn’t sulk. They played with supreme ferocity and intensity on each and every snap. The result was a bloodbath, a frightening dismembering as complete and murderous as anything seen on a football field in quite some time.

This isn’t funny, and it’s not meant to be: it was literally true that Georgia pounded Hawaii into the turf of the Louisiana Superdome with cruel and savage energy rarely seen in big-time college football. This was a vicious assault that took place in the Big Easy on Tuesday night. Colt Brennan was pulverized, tenderized and victimized in a game where his safety and well being surely looked to be in jeopardy at some points along the way. Brennan—a decorated and legendary player who has already claimed a lofty place in the college football pantheon—got knocked senseless in this game, less than two full months after suffering a concussion against Fresno State. With an NFL future ahead of him (not to mention the rest of his life after he eventually hangs up his NFL cleats), Brennan can’t afford to suffer another concussion, which will catch up with him in the long run. It was and is truly legitimate—and hardly an expression of hyperbole—to have genuinely worried about the health of Colt Brennan as this savage spectacle unfolded under the big dome.

It needs to be said, just in case you might be thinking that Georgia’s display was in any way unwholesome: in a word, no. The Bulldogs weren’t dirty—Georgia simply played with otherworldly intensity, continuing the magical mojo that began with a rousing victory over Florida back on Oct. 27. On every snap against Hawaii, Georgia laid hard hits on every white-shirted Warrior. The proceedings got to be so scary that, in the latter stages of the second quarter and the early moments of the third quarter, at least one Hawaii player was either limping or stumbling off the field after every snap. At least one Hawaii body seemed to be greatly diminished in speed and strength after being obliterated by a devastating but clean hit from a Georgia player, all within the context of this undeniably violent sport. This wasn’t just a scoreboard pounding; it was a real form of physical punishment, plain and simple.

This brutal beatdown occurred, again, for one simple reason: Georgia cared. Sure, that’s not a sexy storyline or an exciting epitaph, but it’s the only reality that truly matters. The only way this game was going to be close was if the Bulldogs had disrespected Hawaii the way Oklahoma did against Boise State (like Hawaii, a member of the WAC taking an unbeaten season into a big-time bowl game) in last year’s Fiesta Bowl. Safe to say, Georgia took Hawaii seriously, and after 60 minutes of overwhelming physical dominance in the trenches, the results—in terms of points scored by the Bulldogs and bruises suffered by the Warriors—spoke for themselves.

Hawaii has a lot to be proud of after giving a state and the larger community of Pacific Islanders a lot of great memories and cherished moments throughout 2007. But on the first night of 2008, a harsh dose of reality entered June Jones’s world. Hawaii has nothing to be ashamed of, but the Warriors—who did deserve a BCS bowl bid—would be healthier and less humiliated right now if BCS bowl decision makers had put the Warriors in the Fiesta Bowl against Missouri (with the Orange Bowl pairing Oklahoma and Virginia Tech, in a deal that was suggested but then broken at the last minute). With that kind of sane scheduling, Mark Richt and the rest of the victorious Bulldogs would have been able to play USC. And when you consider the way New Year’s Day turned out, wouldn’t all of America want to see Georgia face Pete Carroll’s Trojans right now? The fact that such a game won’t happen is a criticism not of Hawaii, but of the sport of college football and the spineless leaders who did a disservice to both of the teams who competed in the 2008 Sugar Bowl.

Hawaii deserved to have fewer concussions in a game played closer to the Islands. Georgia deserved a better opponent so that the nation could learn more about the Bulldogs’ true level of quality. College football deserved a better set of BCS bowl games than the ones created by the sport’s power brokers. That’s all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:22 pm 

FEEL IT!

Dogs are preseason No. 1

By Tony Barnhart | Monday, January 7, 2008, 03:30 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

TONY BARNHART’S EARLY TOP 25 FOR 2008

(Last season’s record in parentheses)

(Editor’s Note: This column has been revised since its original posting to correct errors and/or omissions.)

1. Georgia (Last season: 11-2) The Dogs return 17 starters and will add redshirt RB Caleb King (below) and incoming freshman A.J. Green, one of the top high school receivers in the country. The road schedule looks really tough. Make your plans for Jacksonville (vs. Florida) now.

2. USC (11-2) Arkansas transfer Mitch Mustain will compete with Mark Sanchez to replace John David Booty at quarterback. Either one will do the job well, and the Trojans will just keep rolling.

3. Ohio State (11-1 entering championship game) Only two seniors were in the starting lineup for Monday night’s BCS championship game with LSU. The Buckeyes again will be the class of the Big Ten in 2008.

4. Florida (9-4) The Gators return two of the best offensive players in college football, Heisman Trophy winner QB Tim Tebow and WR Percy Harvin. Next season they will finally have a big-time running back in USC transfer Emmanuel Moody.

5. Missouri (12-2) If RB Tony Temple is granted another year of eligibility due to a medical hardship, he’ll join QB Chase Daniel and WR Jeremy Maclin to form the nation’s best offense.

6. West Virginia (11-2) Pat White (right) will return at quarterback, but we’re not so sure about RB Steve Slaton. But if he comes back the Mountaineers will be favored to win the Big East again under new coach Bill Stewart.

7. LSU (11-2 entering championship game) The Tigers lose the most successful senior class in school history, but a ton of great players return. Among them will be Ryan Perrilloux, who will finally get his turn to be the full-time QB.

8. Illinois (9-4) The Illini got hammered in the Rose Bowl, but they return QB Juice Williams and WR Arrelious Benn. Ron Zook will miss RB Rashard Mendenhall, who decided to turn pro.

9. Texas (10-3) Coach Mack Brown found out late in the season that he needed to start giving his team some tough love. With QB Colt McCoy returning, look for the Longhorns to play Missouri for the Big 12 title.

10. Clemson (9-4) If everybody returns, Clemson could win the ACC championship next season. QB Cullen Harper of Alpharetta will be a senior and could have running backs James Davis and C.J.Spiller again. The defense returns nine starters.

11. Kansas (12-1) Quarterback Todd Reesing (3,486 yards, 33 TDs) will return for his junior season, but the defense will be without CB Aqib Talib, who is turning pro.

12. Auburn (9-4) Tommy Tuberville’s change in offense will pay dividends in 2008 as QB Kodi Burns becomes a star. The Tigers will have to replace defensive coordinator Will Muschamp, who left for Texas.

13. Oklahoma (11-3) It will not be a fun offseason in Norman after the Sooners got embarrassed (48-28) in the Fiesta Bowl. But there is reason for optimism. QB Sam Bradford (3,121 yards, 36 TDs) returns, as does RB DeMarco Murray (764 yards, 13 TDs). The Sooners will miss RB Allen Patrick (1,009 yards).

14. Arizona State (10-3) With QB Rudy Carpenter (3,202 yards passing) coming back, the Sun Devils will be the second-best team in the Pac-10.

15. Virginia Tech (11-3) Both quarterbacks, Tyrod Taylor and Sean Glennon, plus running back Branden Ore return for the ACC champions. The Hokies will miss linebackers Vince Hall and Xavier Adibi.

16. BYU (11-2) With sophomore QB Max Hall (3,848 yards, 26 TDs) returning next season, the Cougars will again be the class of the Mountain West.

17. Tennessee (10-4) The Volunteers have to find a new quarterback and replace most of their offensive staff, but there are a lot of good young players on this team, including sophomore DB Eric Berry.

18. Wisconsin (9-4) Sophomore RB P.J. Hill will be a Heisman Trophy candidate as the Badgers challenge Ohio State and Illinois in the Big Ten.

19. Wake Forest (9-4) The Deacons won nine games this season after winning the ACC championship in 2006. QB Riley Skinner (2,204 yards, 12 TDs) returns.

20. Texas Tech (9-4) QB Graham Harrell (5,705 yards, 48 TDs) returns for his senior season with a chance to break every major passing record at Texas Tech. Harrell will have the nation’s best young receiver, rising sophomore Michael Crabtree, again as his primary target.

21. Penn State (9-4) The Nittany Lions have to replace QB Anthony Morelli and RB Rodney Kinlaw, but Joe Paterno is ready to return for his 43rd season as head coach.

22. Michigan (9-4) Rich Rodriguez takes over a program that loses a bunch of good seniors, but his offense will be hard to handle for the rest of the Big Ten. By the end of the 2008 season, the Wolverines will be pretty competitive.

23. Boise State (10-3) With Hawaii coach June Jones gone to SMU, look for Boise State to return as the WAC’s best program. TB Ian Johnson returns for his senior season, but the Broncos have another great back in Jeremy Avery.

24. Connecticut (9-4) With sophomore RB Andre Dixon (828 yards rushing) and junior QB Tyler Lorenzen (2,367 yards, 13 TDs) both returning, the Huskies could challenge West Virginia in the Big East.

25. Oregon State (9-4) The Beavers return a pair of talented quarterbacks in Sean Canfield (1,661 yards) and Lyle Moevao (876), who will fight it out in the spring for the starting job. But Oregon State will miss RB Yvenson Bernard (1,214 rushing yards, 13 TDs).

harry Wrote:

FT Wrote:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:00 pm 
frostingspoon

Add another two to the list:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/w ... index.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/s ... id=3186264

And UGA Pres. Michael Adams wants a Playoff system:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3186232

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop