Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Hey it's 2020! Let's catch up on everyone.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:20 pm 
frostingspoon

Tania and I had went to shows when I would be in CA for business. A wonderful host & person all around.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:25 pm 
Fluke Breakthrough Single

I am so sorry to hear this. She was always a delight on these boards.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:50 pm 
KILLFILED

Make splates a mod.

timmyjoe42 Wrote:
I saw on Facebook that Tania died. It sucks when terrible things happen to such good people. She was always so positive and we'll miss her around here. :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:48 pm 
frostingspoon

LIFE: I'll be 42 on Saturday. I've been with the same woman for 13 years, married 9 of them. We have a daughter who is 3.5. I've been out of the music business since 2015 and haven't landed on a new career just yet (today marked one year since I became unemployed as a craft beer sales & marketing rep). I'm still into psychedelics (and love the progress being made in psychedelic-assisted therapy and decriminalization efforts), but way less into alcohol. I no longer smoke cigs and don't miss it at all. I lost 40lbs in the last year by staying off gluten and dairy as much is realistic for someone with poor self-control. When I do drink, it's mostly wine, cider or hard kumbucha. Discovered stuff like Breathwork, Enneagram, Qi Gong were really good for me and a mind/body connection I still have to work hard to make as I live in my head, but two of those were in-person practice so COVID-19 killed something I really enjoyed. Also, ready to never hear about the orange shitstain that is our POTUS ever again.

MUSIC: Here's my 2020 Playlist: https://spoti.fi/36uM9Lw It's 75 songs so maybe you'll find something you like.
I don't keep up with what I buy anymore, but started collecting vinyl in Fall 2015. What a terrible hobby. Pretty sure I still made it to 10 or so concerts before everything shut down due to the pandemic, and have been to one show since Nashville opened back up. Tennessee is such a shit show of humanity, but has great nature.

Fucking sucks about Tania/Aural Fixation, and thanks for letting us know Chrome_CW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:29 am 
Natural Harvester

Well damn. I logged in to see how everyone was doing and realized that Covid hit right after I started this thread (just about).

I hope you are all doing well. 2020 has been bizarre. A pandemic. Weird election. No Boards of Canada album announcement (yet!).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:38 pm 
Indie Debut

I hadn't thought about this place in forever and recently it crept into my memory and I was able to remember my password (my other accounts were so old that apparently the passwords don't even work anymore). I was quite a spiteful (or maybe just annoying) youth with an inexplicable amount to prove in the days that I used to post around here, but hopefully it provided some entertainment.

In the years since I was an Obner, I moved from Richmond to New Orleans to Memphis and finally ended up in Milwaukee about a year and a half ago. Don't know if I've fully settled down here or not but I like it just fine and don't have any immediate plans to uproot.

I feel old these days, so you all must be REALLY old (haha). It's been a long time since the heyday of this board and it's hard to figure out where all the time went.

Hope everyone is well and that concerts become something other than a distant memory at some point soon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:22 pm 
KILLFILED

Danny Don't Rapp Wrote:
I hadn't thought about this place in forever and recently it crept into my memory and I was able to remember my password (my other accounts were so old that apparently the passwords don't even work anymore). I was quite a spiteful (or maybe just annoying) youth with an inexplicable amount to prove in the days that I used to post around here, but hopefully it provided some entertainment.

In the years since I was an Obner, I moved from Richmond to New Orleans to Memphis and finally ended up in Milwaukee about a year and a half ago. Don't know if I've fully settled down here or not but I like it just fine and don't have any immediate plans to uproot.

I feel old these days, so you all must be REALLY old (haha). It's been a long time since the heyday of this board and it's hard to figure out where all the time went.

Hope everyone is well and that concerts become something other than a distant memory at some point soon.

You should write for the MilwaukeeRecord-dot-com!

Based on your youthful spunk, back when, you have just the ironically-distanced energy to shit on the Miltown while alleging to celebrate it.

(Also, look for the HuskerPunk, Paper, & WisCubano (MOJO), if they are still haunting Bayview (Husker) & Madison (Patrick & Cubano), & points nearby.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:25 pm 
KILLFILED

40piecemcnugget Wrote:
(a.) whomst among you is voting for El Jefe Maximo de Maralago (again) in November?;

(ii.) any Obner death from COVID19, yet?;

(3.) who else got nostalgic for the board gen-1 reading theRinger culture editor Rob Harvilla's history of the nonsensical ratings system at PitchForkMedia?;

(delta.) counted a coupla divorces in the updates, but no rejoinders from fractured_take, ayah, flying rabbit, whomever, about the Obner divorce curse;

(FIF.) on behalf of kingofcarrotflowers, but mostly myself, I apologize for (almost) getting cccaaappp'''nnn sssqqquuuiiirrrgggllleee fired (again)... guess your CV won't be safe til I'm dead.

Yours in math-n*****dom...

m.

Also, about no. 3, what about theRinger (or, honestly, might have still been Grantland) encomium for chillwave. I loved it, except for no real mention of witchhouse.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:26 pm 
KILLFILED

Doublepost.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:32 pm 
KILLFILED

FT Wrote:
onebrownjeff Wrote:
The commute has been good for my musical dabblings. I've been trying out an awful lot.

give my music podcast, bend & scoop, a shot - it's basically a curated playlist with some funny clips sprinkled in. new episodes every friday!

https://bendandscoop.com/

also on Apple Podcasts at: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/bend-scoop/id1518168366

I would rather the Cheerios-infused vomit I walked thru in the Pearl District than listen to an Obner-adjacent pogblasgk.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:35 pm 
KILLFILED

rogneeb Wrote:
Life: fuckin’ and drinkin’

Music: PPDD

Thought of you when I sat on jury duty in Multnomah County back in February 2019. Almost thought you were the defense counsel.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:20 pm 
"Weddings, Parties, Anything…"

I can't believe I remembered my password to this board. It's really cool to see everyone's updates. I bet you all are really old and wrinkly now.

Sad to hear about Tania, I think she was the one who got me into Silversun Pickups BEFORE it was cool and also BEFORE they were so played out here in SoCal that I never want to hear them again.

Social media has become such a horror show. This place still makes me chuckle. Hope you guys are safe with a roof over your heads. It's raining in California.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:02 pm 
Indie Debut

I'm sad to hear about Tania. She was one of (if not THE) kindest person on this board.

I hope all the rest of you are doing well. I am now fully vaccinated but still being very cautious due to the spike (WTF?) of people testing positive here in Michigan.

Profile YIM 

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3